Dr. Kathleen Schmeler MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2015
patient
Dr . Schmeler saved my life!! She's the most caring, passionate, kind hearted, understanding and knowledgeable doctor at MD Anderson. Mrs. Dr.Kathleen Schmeler. I wouldn't be here today had it not been for her!! She knows her job and does it extremely well!!!!! #thankyouisntenough #ilovethiswoman #cancerfree #survivor

March 1st, 2013
She is easy to talk with. She shows compassion. I feel she's honest with me.Shes not a know it all which I love about her.I don't have any negative about her.

April 9th, 2012
Excellent Physician
I have been seeing Dr Schmeler for 4 years and believe I would not be alive now if not for her. The regimen she recommended gave me 2 years of remission. I had never been in remission before. I have fought ovarian cancer for 6 years now. When my remission began to fail (as we knew it eventually would)she quickly helped me develop a plan and as my cancer changes, revises my plan for optimal effect as well as strong consideration as to my response to side effects. She is a doctor who cares.

November 7th, 2011
Excellent Care and Diagnosis
This was a scary and frustrating process. The oncologist I saw before her did not attempt to connect to my situation or make time to answer my questions. He just told me which surgery I needed and told me to call him when I was ready to schedule it. Dr. Schmeler answered my questions, explained everything that had happened and everything that was going to happen, addressed all my concerns and gave me a treatment plan that was based around me, not her schedule. Her staff was excellent. They were caring and made me feel safe and comfortable. It was the first time in this process that I felt like I was in control of my health.

October 20th, 2010
Dr. Schmeler really cares
Dr. Schmeler pays close attention to all my concerns and needs. I have her full attention the whole time I am in her office. She listens and has a caring and positive attitude. Her staff is the best of the best!

July 14th, 2009
Excellent in Caring/Knowledge/Diagnois/Surgery
When another leading medical group outside MD Anderson, could not provide follow-up, information in timely manner, and a name for my cancer, Dr. Schmeler and MD Anderson did within two weeks. Thanks to her knowledge and staff, I am alive and well with a type of cancer that most physicians do find until it is past medical help for a future.Dr. Schmeler is one physician who cares and considers every question important.

June 15th, 2016