Dr. Kathleen Slugocki DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 20th, 2016
This was my first time going in to see this doctor. For starters, when I arrived the power was out because of the weather, but I told them I would wait since I took the day off of work. After waiting about a half hour, I went in (power still off) to get my yearly exam. While in the room I mentioned that my husband and I were trying to get pregnant and asked what the steps would be if we wanted to get fertility testing done. She explained the process to me and that was that. I then get the bill and it was $290. When I called to ask why, they said that I was given an infertility diagnosis and that my insurance wouldn't cover it. I was extremely upset, even crying on the phone, because i didn't feel it was right charging me for asking a doctor a question. I had also just found out that I was pregnant so I was extra emotional. They decided to reduce the cost by 50%, but I don't find this fair at all. I would never recommend this doctor's office to anyone.

November 9th, 2015
I love Dr. Slugocki, she delivered my son :)

March 2nd, 2015
Dr Slugocki goes above and beyond to make sure you understand everything. An amazing doctor!!

April 16th, 2014
Nice enough lady, but rough. Practice is inconsistent.
I thought Dr. Slugocki was nice in personality, but for the first prenatal visit (at almost 11 weeks) - all she did was a pelvic exam. And boy was she rough! She just shoved the speculum (I doubt she used any lubricant) and her fingers inside. Blamed it on the position of my cervix - Yeah, right. Got home and there was a little blood in underwear. Making the appointment: I was assured that I'd have an ultrasound - got to the appt - no ultrasound for first visits per the nurse. Nurse informed me the doctor would check for the baby's heartbeat instead, and she did not. Received a write up of services and costs in the mail - $640 for delivery due before birthing (fine) - with RECOMMENDATIONS to arrange payment plan. Get to the office and they REQUIRED me to make payment arrangements for birth BEFORE I even completed my first visit! Mind you, I'm only 11 weeks. My advice to these people: Get your policies straight and be gentler during examinations. My experience with Slugocki is making me think about hiring a male OB/GYN.