Dr. Kathryn Bowman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2008
RUN
I have had to complain on this one. If this is not the psychiatrist at SEABHC,please forgive me. This lady [DR] at our first meeting had not read my chart.not one page of my 15yr history. She was very hateful,she immediately wanted to guenea pig me after I begged her NOT to change ANY of my meds. I am bipolar, and have other mental disorder. I am disabled. I told her the meds that I was on work for me. I had been on over 150 meds to find the right combination-she did not care. Her problem was that i am on a benzodiazepene, I have been for 15yrs. I know- I am addicted- not by choice,by circumstance. She would not listen to WHY I was on it,or HOW it helps me. She only told me that my condition was "learned,made up". When I asked why were there meds for "learned,made up" conditions, she had no answer, other than "I will take you off of this". This one med, and an epeleptic drug I am on [for 15yrs] has saved my life. I told her that. I told her please do not mess with the other meds either, she said "we will see". I have lost alot of sleep,and am terrified at going back to living day to day scared of everything and shaking beyond control due to her not liking the meds I take-that help me. It is my body,I do not abuse,sell,loan ot dispense my meds to anyone but me. This lady is so uncompassionate she walked out told me to "sit" like i am a dog, and then told me to be ready for drug testing because "the long hair [i] you wear tells me you are a hardened drug user." Where do they get these people? I have only had this problem 1time before when being pulled off my meds and switched after so long- i ended up suicidal. I told her,she just shrugged her shoulders and smiled. I can't and won't go through it again. We as patient's have rights. Unless you want to be violated-avoid her at all costs.

September 26th, 2015