Dr. Kathryn Einhaus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

no change

August 21st, 2015
Most evil woman
Five months of pure pain is what she put me through. I have a mass in my uterus and in need of a hysterectomy. All I got was a run around and lies! In five months my surgery was canceled TWICE! First time two weeks before the 2nd a week before. Claiming insurance reasons. Which was a total lie. She told me to take certain " expensive " meds that she can can cheap and not to tell anyone.., they were from overseas!! And she was going to give me antibiotics and not to tell anyone not the hospital no one! Of course I know better! I am missing my sons graduation from the Navy because of her! She told me stop crying like a baby who cares it's just bootcamp. My son has made special forces. How dare her. She is EVIL! Her staff is just as evil as she is. I've turned her in to atty general and I encourage others to do the same. Her chop shop needs to be shut down. She's dangerous. I have a new doctor and the first thing he said is we need a biospy ASAP something she never did and wouldn't do. In five months she never Once Did any medical steps. It was several wasted office visit talking about insurance. She's a scam. I could be facing cancer she neglected because she's more worried about money. What ever you do, DO NOT FALL INTO HER TRAP! Don't walk away RUN! Run for your life.

January 22nd, 2015
Good with pregnancy, regular annuals....not so good!
First of all....I thought Dr Einhaus was great during my pregnancies and delivering my babies. She does give great care and goes above and beyond to make sure you feel that way. However, the annual routine visits and some of her nurse practitioners need work/help in my opinion. The last two routine annual exams I had ... the nurse practitioner would not take time to listen to what I had to say and she kept trying to put me on pills and do expensive testing. When I told her I wanted to diet and try to be healthy and fix the problem that way first...she poo pooed it and was insistent I go on the pills. I am a firm believer on you are what you eat and what you eat affects your health... and I think any good nurse/practitioner who actually cared about their patient's well being would be all for trying to fix it the healthy way first. Some of the expensive tests they tried to get me to do were unnecessary for a routine obgyn visit, in my opinion and should be done at your yearly physical with your family doctor. (If that). The atmosphere is nice, everything always looks clean....Dr Einhaus is very blunt and straight forward....she tells it like it is....no sugar coating. I think she is great for delivering babies, but the routine visits could use some work.....and I think I would be more comfortable and find better routine care elsewhere.

February 19th, 2013
Never again...
I gave it a chance here. I really did. But after several times of the same things, I will be changing. First of all, the wait once you get inside the exam room is horrible. Over an hour the last time I was there, and only slightly better the previous two times. When I went in as a new patient with some pretty serious complaints, the nurse had me in tears before the doctor ever did. I was told things such as "well, didn't you know?" and "that can't happen", "and are you sure that that is what you are experiencing?" Of course I knew all that stuff! It is my body! I know what I am experiencing! Of course I know it all sounds weird! That's why I went to Einhaus! Then, the doc's bedside manner does have a lot to be desired. I don't want a doctor that will be a pushover, but I want one that will listen to what my symptoms are. And I don't want to discuss whether or not I fantasize about men other than my husband. If I tell my doctor that I do have sexual fantasies, I think that is as deep as I need to delve into the subject with someone who is not a sex therapist! Within minutes of doing a routine exam, I am told to think about changing my diet to gluten-free and we'll look into maybe thyroid issues. Out the door she went. I appreciate they were thourough though. I did get a thyroid test done that was more in depth than my general doctor gave. Yet, it has not been the problem. In general, the dotor and the nurses all had an elitist attitude ("you don't know anything about yourself because you don't have a Ph.D or a certificate of any sort..." attitude). I may not be a doctor or nurse, but I know my own body better than anyone. And I do not care how good of a doctor and office staff you are, insulting the intelligence of patients, ignoring the seriousness of symptoms, minimizing the importance of a patient's complaints and generally showing no concern whatsoever is not acceptable.

March 15th, 2012
Doc is very straight-forward and tells it like it is. She cares about her patients and gives you plenty of time to ask questions. Her entire staff is amazing--very friendly and caring. If you're looking for the warm and fuzzy doctor, this isn't it. But she gives GREAT care and you will know exactly where you stand in your treatment at all levels.

December 13th, 2010
My Doc for 15 years
When you encounter Dr. Einhaus, its like talking to your own mom. She doesnt hold back and she tells it like it is... just like family would! While At first I was a little shocked with her personality I grew to like and enjoy her services. She delivered my twins. However, when I became pregnant the 2nd time, I onoly saw her partner Dr. Randolph which was a disappointment but was a great Doc. Now I have pregnant with my 4th and have seen her on every visit. You really cannot be the overly sensitive type because she tends to be very blunt. She is an exceptional doctor and I couldnt imagine going anywhere else.

August 3rd, 2010
I was not seen by the doctor thru my entire pregnancy. She has her N.P.s do all the work. They are very nice but you pay to see the doctor. She didnt deliver my baby and only saw me during the post partum appt when the N.P. asked for a second opinion. She was rude, argumentative and rough during her exam. She should not be practicing medicine! She has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. I would not recommend her to ANYONE. The office is closed on Friday, Sat and Sunday (which can be hard to make appts around sometimes) and when I had a question I had to call her on-call line and leave a message 3 times before she called me back. VERY unprofessional

April 27th, 2010
Main issue for me is the wait time, from start to finish I spend an average of 1hr and 30 minutes per visit. Seems like a lot in todays busy world

February 17th, 2010
Really??
Yo((what year is this? 1989?))MM! I agree with FWmom35- Einhaus is definitely a crass ob/gyn. Maybe you should have your head examined for criticizing someone else's experience with this doctor. Not everyone cares about their doctor's affection for their pets nor do they project that assumed affection on the level of care they are to receive. Anyone who has had the privilege of being responsible for a newborn's life would NEVER liken it to caring for a bird. Really? That's your justification for her being a good doctor? That she cares for her pets??

July 23rd, 2009
My Annual Exam
I had that dreaded annual exam today, and I must admit as I go through this year after year it gets easier. Of course it helps when you have a experienced, sensitive Physican like Dr.Einhaus.Wow, I am in awe with her ability to perform a annual exam in a hour and cover what seems to be my entire body. Really.And her staff...Awesome !! She has a nurse, and she is just one of those people you meet and she makes you feel...well like a girlfriend. (personally, I think theres a art to that) Only with her, it seemed genuine.I think her name was Audrey. Well another year in the books, but if any of you ladies, need a Doctor who says it like it is...and gives you a hug as she walks out the door...Call Dr. Einhaus. She really is awesome she's been my Doctor for over 20 years.She's the best!!!

July 17th, 2009
I like her!
I saw her for an appointment and yes, I had to wait a bit but she had to run to the hospital to deliver a baby and that put her behind a bit. I certainly understand that babies come when they are ready and we can't control that. Her care was excellent and she didn't sugar coat anything. She took my health seriously and I appreciate that! Her office was very clean and organized. Thank you!

May 29th, 2009
She is GOOD!!!
Doc and her staff are wonderful!! Yes, you have to wait a little-but wouldn't you rather have her there for surgery or delivery if it were you!! She is great!! I love her straight forward attitude!!

February 25th, 2009
Looney Bird
A very crass woman that needs to retire. Anyone who brings her pet birds to her Women's Group and lets them loose around the nurse's station while there are patients present needs her head examined. There are plenty of more competent OB/GYNs in Fort Wayne to choose from.