inactive

Kathryn L Eubanks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 18th, 2015
I could have died because of her!
This woman should not be practicing medicine. In 2007 I was 29 years old and began experiencing dizziness and lethargy. It got so bad that I ended up missing weeks of work because it got to the point where I could hardly walk. I visited her several times and she behaved like I was crazy or making it up. *Mind you, I had visited her before and on my first visit she tried to put me on Zoloft for depression. I wasn't depressed at all! I was very happy...I never took it* One night I collapsed and fainted in my hallway when walking to the bathroom and my husband took me to the ER. I made the mistake of telling them that Dr. Eubanks was my doctor because she was the one who called the shots. That idiot woman tried to put me on heavy duty heart medication when there was nothing wrong with my heart!! I questioned her and asked WHY am I being put on heart meds, what is my diagnosis? But, she DOES NOT like being questioned and told me, "I'm the doctor, you're the patient. Let me do my job." Are you kidding me?? Needless to say, I never took the medication. I ultimately found a REAL doctor a few weeks later who ran in-depth blood tests. It revealed that not only was I severely hypothyroid, but I had Hashimoto's Disease, which was causing it. I was destined to be comatose at the rate I was going, but he saved me. All Dr. Eubanks had to do was check my thyroid, but she couldn't be bothered with it. She is a quack and shouldn't be in practice - avoid her!!

March 2nd, 2014
My Experience
I was referred to this MD by friends/co-workers I was excited to finally get an appt. to see her. Boy was I disappointed My appointment was scheduled at 2:15PM I showed up 15 mins. early with new patient paperwork completed and in hand. I was not taken into exam room until 2:50 PM which is now 35 minutes after my appointment, then I was taken into the room. I was asked to changed into a gown and wait for MD to come into room still had not been told sorry for the wait or how much longer it would be to see MD. Anyways, I changed and sat in the cold room freezing waiting to see the doctor. Finally at 3:20 PM a whole one hour and 5 mins. after my appt. was scheduled I get to see the Doctor. She seemed rushed and didn't seem to concerned about my history/problems. After spending a brief 15-20 mins. with her I was done. I waited all that time to only speak with her that short amount of time. I was very unhappy and am going to have to look for another MD now.

September 17th, 2011
Dr. Eubanks is bottom-line driven. She does not refer you to specialists; and tries to treat your issues despite not having the appropriate board-certified qualifications. She is always in a hurry: she spends the whole time (of the little amount there is) talking and will be literally walking out the door still talking so you don't get a chance to ask her any of your questions. She is patronizing and feels as though she doesn't need to listen you because she is all-knowing. Do not trust your life with this woman; she is extremely fake and not caring at all. To vindicate my stance: she have moved from numerous dr. offices in the Chicagoland area within the last few years. Her instability leads me to believe that she does not have good relationships with her colleagues, as well as her patiens.

July 14th, 2011
Very happy long term patient
I have been a patient of Dr.Eubanks for ten years. Dr. Eubanks has always made it her priority that I be in the best health possible. She keeps my up-to-date on all my annual tests and blood work, that I keep my weight in check and exercise. She has a wonderful bedside manner and I feel comfortable talking to her about any of my health needs.

April 12th, 2011
Great caring doctor
I got an first appointment as a new patient in a month or so but when I called to make an appointment the scheduler asked me if I was healthy because that was a determining factor in whether the doctor wanted to take me as a new patient. That was unprofessional (maybe true - but patients shouldn't hear that). Dr. Eubanks was kind and caring and listened to me very carefully. She ordered some tests that day that were done in the exam room - excellent and speedy. She even called me after the nurse gave me my test results over the phone and discussed them with me for a half hour at 6 p.m. I'm seeing her again for a month followup to go over the results in detail. Very efficient. I'm happy with my new doctor.

March 2nd, 2011
Will make you feel like an animal
Today was my 2nd and last visit with Dr. Eubanks. I was having head pains and bumps on my head for a week. She took a quick look at my scalp and pressed her finger to it and didn't even put on a glove to examine closer before giving me the dx. She told me "I don't know why you have pain, you shouldn't have pain" and asked no follow-up questions before she took me to the cashier. I thought that was an unprofessional statement and made me feel as though she didn't believe I had the pain or it didn't matter. I rarely go to the doctor and didn't expect such a quick response with such lack of care. I had more I could've elaborated about it more but chose not to since she didn't care to enough to ask and had already made up her mind. After dealing with this issue for a week and finally going to the Dr. for it I expected more from her. I felt like she thought I was a crazy person who was overreacting. She asked no follow-up questions- it was the quickest dr. appt. of my life! The 2nd quickest was my first appt. with her. I wait a very long time to be seen and then when she did see me she didn't care much to do the things other docs have done at first appointments (acting like they care, taking down medical history, talking with me a few minutes) before she wrote me the WRONG prescription and left. She made me feel like an animal twice and I will not be back. Also, unless you call at 8a good luck getting an appointment the same week.