Dr. Kathryn Davis MD Patient Reviews

March 22nd, 2017
Brusque and unfriendly
My first, and only, meeting with Dr. Davis was horrible. I was a transfer to the practice and she was incredibly unfriendly. This is my first pregnancy and she didn't once ask how I'm feeling. She came in to the room, barely shook my hand, said my charts looked fine and asked why I was there. It felt like she was forced to be there. Very impersonal and definitely NOT someone I want with me at my most vulnerable moment. I switched back to my old doctor even though insurance doesn't cover it. I can't speak to the rest of the doctors at the practice but even the receptionists were awful. The only positive thing about my experience was the nurse, Shelley, who took me to the room. She was so pleasant, upbeat and asked questions.

February 3rd, 2015
Very easy going, straightforward, and to the point. Not afraid to share her personal opinion, which I appreciate.

September 12th, 2013
Wonderful!
I began seeing Dr. Davis about a year ago after a horrible experience with my former OB. I just love her. She seems very knowledgeable and spends a great deal of time getting to know you and to the root of your problem. Would recommend her to anyone. She even called me from the airport on her way out of town to make sure I was doing ok.

October 23rd, 2012
thankfully only saw her twice
My ob was a different doctor at the same Newton Wellesley practice. Unfortunately, Dr. Davis happened to be on call at the hospital the weekend after I delivered my baby. I saw her twice post-partum in the hospital and was SUPER thankful she wasn't the one there to deliver my child. Very brusque, didn't really ask how I was doing, just did a super quick check and was out the door. Not what a hormonal post-partum woman needs. I would recommend the practice but not this doc!

August 12th, 2010
Dr. Davis has moved from this practice to one in MA, but I plan on continuing care with her once my baby is born (as I can't deliver in RI if I change practices now.) She is caring, friendly, and seems to know her stuff. She's got a good combination of practicality and humor, and I like the way she communicates with me.