Dr. Kathryn Mettler Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2016

A great doctor--good experience I've seen her 4 times for my colon procedure. She is truly the best --recommend her to all my friends ---(they too thought she is great).

September 11th, 2015

Be Advised

Dr. has a strange manner, I must say. She asked me what meds I was taking and I said, "The two you prescribed." She stated, "What are they?" I said, "Whatever you prescribed." She sneered and said, "Do you mean to tell me you don't know what medications you take?" Now, she was holding my open chart in her hand!! Had she not noted what she prescribed??? Then she said, do you think it could be opromezol and I said maybe. She wrote that down, I went home and checked. It was not. Now here's the other thing. She noted that I was being treated for trouble swallowing. I had answered her that I had trouble swallowing maybe twice in the preceeding 5 years. During an endoscopy she "stretched scar tissue" in my esophogus and told me I'd have "less trouble swallowing." Huh? Since then I've had 3 episodes of extreme pain and difficulty swallowing over the course of maybe 6 weeks. And then there's the medicine she prescribed that requires a 6 hour window of no other meds because it sequesters them and moves them out of the body. I wish she'd checked my other medications and realized that my extended release diabetes medicine would be impacted. I'll not be going back.

April 12th, 2014

Beware !

This is a very cold woman, who seems to be concerned with how she and her office looks than establishing a genuine relationship with her patients. I believe she is a competent GI doctor but very officious and has a superior attitude with her patients. If she likes you fine, otherwise she is impatient and gives you the cold shoulder. I was shocked when she behaved this way towards me. It made me shut down and not share everything with her. Her Assistant is a very nice woman who is clearly intimidated by her. Dr. Mettler should know that every patient in her care should be treated with respect and not be subject to her moods or cursory judgement of them. I've never left a negative review for anyone, but I want others to know it's not them if they feel uncomfortable with this doctor. I am very hurt by the way she treated me and will not return nor will I refer anyone to her.

October 6th, 2011

Highly recommend Dr. Mettler

I moved from MD in 1998 and my previous Gastroenterologist was arrogant and didn't listen to what was going on with me. Dr. Mettler listened and worked with me and with her help I have stayed healthy with very few flare ups of my UC. I have been able to have an extremely normal life thanks to her. I don't have to scope out where every bathroom is and I'm able to volunteer at my church as a sign language interpreter because I'm not afriad I'll have to run out in the middle of a service.

March 6th, 2011

Cheryl

I would highly recommend Dr. Mettler.

September 7th, 2010

Dr. Mettler has been wonderful. She always makes me feel that I matter and she gives me all the time I would like to discuss any problems. She explains things well and shows a caring attitude. I feel she is very knowledgeable and up to date on the latest findings. Her thoroughness resulted in her being able to diagnose a potentially life threatening condition for me and she stayed in close contact throughout my treatment. I have recommended her to many friends and they have all been pleased.

August 11th, 2016