Dr. Kathryn Safford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 9th, 2015
If your cancer is obvious or malignant, then she wants you as a patient. Otherwise, you're wasting her time.

May 1st, 2014
The Best
Dr. Safford is incredibly patient and thorough. She takes time to explain everything and understands the fear and anxiety that can go along with anything concerning the breast. She is a fantastic doctor to the point that when you go in, she and Celeste make you feel like friends. I went to her out of many recommendations from people with positive experiences. Highly recommend her!

December 15th, 2013
stay FARR AWAYYY
BAD NEWS!

July 18th, 2012
Dr. Safford is a wonderful doctor.
I have been seeing Dr, Safford for seversl years now, thankfully not as a cancer patient but as a woman with Phylloides tumors. These are benign tumors, generally, but she has never rushed me or made me feel like a bother to her. She has performed surgery on me and took extra time trying to be as thorough as possible. She told me once, when I asked the "what if it turns out to be cancer?" question...her response to me told me everything I need to know. She said "Then * I*will worry about that and get busy trying to get you well." in other words, it was not my job to worry, she would do whatever it took to beat cancer. She is awesome and friendly and someone I would enjoy having as a personal friend.

January 4th, 2010
Dr. Safford made sure I understood my condition and explained it at length. She doesn't make it scarey either, she has a very calming manner. I have been seeing her for years and think she and Celeste are great.

January 3rd, 2010
Dr. Safford is an excellent, caring surgeon/breast cancer specialist..
Dr. Safford has been my cancer surgeon/specialist for over 3 years. She has spent hours explaining my condition and listening to my fears, and I only had stage one breast cancer. I was very surprised to read one of the reviews on this site stating that she has a terrible bedside manner. That has not been my experience at all. I have a number of friends whose gynocologists have sent them to Dr. Safford because she is a well-known specialist in the field. It's hard to beat her experience and the care she takes of her patients.Her assistant/receptionist Celeste is wonderful, too.

April 11th, 2008
Dr. Safford has a terrible bedside manner and totally blew me off when I went to her with a tumor that was detected in my left breast. When I went to get a second opinion, the other surgeon said that it needed to be removed ASAP and it had been growing rapidly. She told me I could wait another 7 months to get it removed and then withheld additional information from me. She still has not called to set up an appt. with me which she should be trying to do. She doesn't know that I have since had the tumor removed. Apparently if your tumor is not cancerous it is not important to her.