3.0

Feb 19th, 2015

Horrible doctor. scarred my hand terribly during a routine wart removal.

Doctor ok Staff horrible show details Doctor ok Staff horrible
Aug 29th, 2011

Before I begin, let me just say that Dr. Cook was a good doctor. I have no problem with this doctor what so ever. With that out of the way, the office staff is horrible. When I made my appointment I asked the office if they participated with my insurance. I was told "yes we do". When I checked in for my appointment and I gave the front office girl my insurance card I double checked that they do participate with my insurance network and she told me "yep". I had my procedure performed and 3 months later received a hefty bill in the mail! I would have NEVER went to this doctor if I would have known she was NOT in my insurance network! I have very good insurance with a very low copay for all medical treatment as long as the doctor is in the insurance network. I called the office in total shock that they were not in the network and the lady to whom I spoke with tried telling me that it must be MY insurance policy as they do take that insurance. This person tried to give me the complete run around. Finally I sternly asked her, "is this office in my insurance network or not?" to which she snidely replied, "no but we do accept it". Of course they accept it! Any office will accept it but it makes a huge difference if they are actually contracted with the network or not! No discount was given, no apology offered. I have learned an important lesson from this office: ALWAYS call your insurance to double check the accuracy of what the doctor's office is telling you. Today I will be writing a large check because the office was very misleading and incorrect in what they quoted me in regards to my insurance. Will never deal with this office again.