Dr. Kathy Guidry MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor
I've been a patient of Dr. Guidry's for about 10 years and have found her, and her staff, to be attentive and caring.

July 17th, 2012
Wonderful Physician
I've been seeing Dr. Guidry or Dr Clifford Schwartzenberg my adult life. She has always been attentive, and thoughtful toward my questions, or issues. My daughter has seen her since she was a teenager, taking great care of her, during 2 pregancies, one with preeclampsia. The entire office is professional, and caring.

December 27th, 2011
Worst Experience Ever!
I have never been treated so poorly by a "professional." I am 3 months pregnant. I have been trying to make an appointment with Dr.Guidry for two weeks, and instead of help I've only been given excuses to why I'm not "worthy" to have her as my doctor. First, after a ten minute hold, I was told that I was not far enough along in my pregnancy to make an appointment. Secondly I was told she was not taking new patients, and was sent to another doctor's voicemail!"She may call you back,"as I remember. My mother is a patient of hers, so I asked her to try for me. When she called she was greeted with the same rudeness, just to be told in a condescending tone,"WE DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID PATIENTS." Then why is medicaid listed as a form of insurance accepted on her profile? I would rather have this child on my own than to have Kathy Guidry as my doctor. My mother is dropping her as well. I hope this has been helpful and that no one else is treated as though they are less of a person as I have.

November 1st, 2011
Dr and staff are emotionless
After going to dr Guidry for a few years, I'm done. I have a recurring infection and the nurse I spoke to says to me that maybe my husband is the problem (insinuating my husband may step outside of our marriage). Who does that? It's kind of hard for that to happen due to the fact that we can't because of the infection in the first place. Second of all the last time I go in to inquire about novasure she orders test that she had just taken a month prior at my yearly appt. my insurance co and I could not figure out why. Needless to say, I met my deductible for the year and have to wait until next year. So be aware and ask what she is going to test for. It can get pretty expensive.

September 27th, 2011
No personality Not caring
she does not explain anything and you get no personal experience at all. They pack the waiting room like sardines and you are just on a conveyor belt. I need a partial hysterectomy and all she said to me was "we don't need to take your ovaries" left me sitting there without a clue and no one else has a clue either and they make you feel stupid when you ask questions.

July 5th, 2011
I have been going to Dr. Guidry for years and have never had any problems. However the last couple of times I had to deal with her office I was not pleased. My appointment was at 10:20 and I was not called back until 12:45!!! And when I asked the girl at the front desk she completely got an attitude with me. She did not even bother to heck and see how many people were ahead of me because she told me I still had two people in front of me but I was the only one left in the waiting area.My Most recent encounter I had was a week ago when I found out I was pregnant and called to schedule my appointment. The scheduler made my appointment but failed to mention that ny ultrasound would not be on the same day. So when I asked about this I was blown off " oh your insurance will not pay for it to be done on the same day." well I am a senior medical coder and I knew she could not possibly know this info without calling my insurance. So I didd, and they do infant cover it. So when I called back the girl transferred me to the nurse My s

February 5th, 2009
Dr. Guidry delivered both of my boys and I would not ever go to anyone else.