Dr. Kathy Huang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kathy Huang?

Happy Patient!

Posted on October 23rd, 2017

Diagnosed with Stage 0 Breast Cancer earlier this year, I elected to have a Bilateral Breast Reduction at the same time as the Lumpectomy. My Sibley Hospital Johns Hopkins Breast Surgeon recommended Dr Kathy Huang to operate simultaneously with her. Because the breast was going to be reduced, my surgeon was able to take a wider margin than normal for the Lumpectomy, and unfortunately, another cancer, this one Stage 1, was found in the material removed. Nevertheless, Dr Huang did a fantastic job, reducing unwieldy 42DDDs to neat, perky 38Cs. She opted to leave the unaffected breast 10% smaller than the cancer breast because after Radiation, the cancer breast would shrink, and that way they will be the same size, which is perfect. Dr Huang is a no-nonsense perfectionist, who simply gets it done. I would recommend that anyone with large breasts who is faced with the devastating diagnoses of Breast Cancer have a reduction at the same time. It is hard to consider all your options when you are told you have cancer, but this is an opportune time to have the reduction if you'd ever considered it before. First of all, insurance is likely to cover it as the Lumpectomy breast will be smaller after the procedure, and no one wants that lopsided look, and secondly, I am convinced that the second cancer may not have been found if I hadn't had the reduction. Probably not the case for everyone, but I feel very lucky. I couldn't be happier with my surgery or my surgeon, and would recommend Dr Kathy Huang to anyone needing this procedure. Not enough praise is made for the reduction surgery, vs the enhancement surgery, but I cannot tell you how pleased I am that I had it done!

Posted on March 21st, 2016

Trying to get through to her assistant is exhausting and utterly ridiculous!!!

So Happy I Found Dr. Huang!

Posted on December 18th, 2014

Making the decision to get plastic surgery was very difficult for me. I struggled for a long time, and when I finally decided to move forward, I was concerned about finding a skilled surgeon who would provide me with the best possible results. After all, breast augmentation is so personal and I had so many feelings bundled up in it -- my self-consciousness about my body, my desire to be feminine, and so on. I really, really wanted the surgery to be done right. I'm so glad I found Dr. Huang! She is warm, kind, and made the process feel personal -- I felt like she saw and cared about me, and not like I was just another body to mold (which I had previously feared). She listened carefully to how I wanted to look and patiently worked with me to determine the best size implants to achieve what I wanted. She was respectful of my decision and was supportive throughout the process. On surgery day, I think her bedside manner was unparalleled. I am an only child, and my mother accompanied me to the hospital and waited during my surgery so she could take me home afterward. My mother was extremely nervous, even more than I was. Dr. Huang completely understood and was a calming presence; she took the extra effort to put my mother at ease and went to speak to my mother as soon as the surgery was over (while I was still waking up from the anesthesia) to tell her that everything went smoothly. I'm so grateful to have a surgeon who cares that much. And lastly, the results: they are incredible! I couldn't be happier with the outcome. In addition to being a kind, thoughtful person, Dr. Huang is undoubtedly very skilled at what she does. It has been 3 months since my surgery, and while my scars are still quite visible (I'm hoping they'll fade with a little more time), my breasts are even, symmetrical, and have become very soft and natural-looking. Exactly what I hoped for. Having been extremely nervous about my decision to get breast augmentation, I am relieved and so happy with the outcome. Many, many thanks to Dr. Huang, her fantastic staff, and the wonderful folks at Sibley Memorial.

Very skilled plastic surgeon

Posted on October 12th, 2014

I chose her to perform a breast reduction. Results excellent.

Wonderful DR and Staff

Posted on February 14th, 2014

One of the best medical experiences I've ever had. Dr. Huang and her staff take time to make sure you are comfortable and understand any procedures. Very accessible, professional and caring. Surgery went very well, results were better than i anticipated. Would highly recommend Dr. Huang to friends and family and if I need any plastic surgery in the future, i will definitely return.

I wish I had used her from the start

Posted on December 12th, 2013

When I decided to have prophylactic mastectomies, I saw a number of breast surgeons and plastic surgeons. I was initially put off by Dr. Huang, because she wanted to talk about the downsides of reconstruction and possible complications. She said that it was even more important to talk about them in my case, since I didn’t have cancer. I didn’t want to hear all the negatives, and chose to go with another surgeon who reassured me that those things never happened to him and that everything was going to turn out fine. Well, to make a long story short, I had one of those complications and ended up with no breasts. Dr. Huang was willing to take me back and fixed everything, so I can live now without the worry of getting breast cancer.

Awesome!

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

Amazing Doctor! She is caring and thorough. I highly recommend her and will in fact be returning to her for another procedure.

A God Send

Posted on June 10th, 2013

Doctor Kathy Huang, is more than a doctor. She is a genuine gifted surgeon that gave me back my self esteem and beautiful reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. She has been chosen to assist Dr K Alley the famous breast surgeon. She has a beautiful personality and is a true artist. I can't say enough positive things about her. I would recommend her and give her the highest marks possible. It is not just a job, but is a calling and she takes personal pride in getting great results.

Posted on March 27th, 2013

These days many judge physicians on how fancy their office may be or what kind of cars they drive. And many physicians who take excellent care of patients are not given the credit that they deserve. And it's usually the people with something to complain about that have louder voices. So I am taking my time to give credit to a doctor who took great care of me. I had a reconstructive surgery. Dr. Huang treated me as an individual understanding that everyone is unique. Unlike some doctors who spend no time with patients after surgery, she took time to follow up with me and treated me as a person not a number. So thank you Dr. Huang.

Posted on March 5th, 2012

I felt comfortable the minute I met Dr. Kathy Huang, and so I chose her for my breast reduction surgery. Dr. Huang is a great listener and treated me as a friend. I had faith in her knowledge and experience, given her stellar credentials (Harvard, UPenn)and the way she thoroughly answered my many questions. The surgery was a big success and although I was nervous, Dr. Huang and her staff put me at ease both in the office and hospital. Following my surgery, Dr. Huang called me at home several times, just to check in and answer any questions. I highly recommend this surgeon and I would return to her if I needed any surgery in the future.

Posted on January 1st, 2012

This plastic surgeon is incompetent, and inexperienced. Do not submit yourself to be her guinea pig. When she makes mistakes, and doesn't know how to fix them, instead of attempting to complete the job or having one of her colleagues such as Dr. Friedman, or Dr. Foreman help her - she sends a patient out of the practice alone, without hope, and without a referral to another physician. I do not recommend her to anyone.

Dr Huang is wonderful

Posted on January 1st, 2011

Went to Dr Huang for breast reduction. Decided on tummy tuck too. What I didn't expect is breast cancer. During my reduction, Dr Huang sent my tissue to be evaluated. What they found was stage 1 breast cancer (mammograms were negative). Dr Huang had to tell me and made sure I got to the top oncologist and was treated while recovering from surgery. I was so scared and couldn't recover from the surgery. Dr Huang was so patient, caring, and was there for me the whole time. That was last month! I am now cancer free (thanks to Dr Huang), and getting back to normal. Plus my results from the tummy tuck and breast reduction are incredible. I highly recommend Dr Huang. BTW: I will be glad to speak to anyone considering hiring Dr Huang.