Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

A Physician that deserves recognition! show details A Physician that deserves recognition!
by Debra K on Dec 1st, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kathy since 1998, and have always trusted her advise. She has greets me with a hug and has diagnosed everything from tonsillitis, depression, flu, acid reflux, back MRI, referral to Dermatologists twice and an excellent Neuro Surgeon for radical back surgery that was a success in pulling my spine back onto its self, since Dr. Kathy refused to continue giving more than two steroid shots without knowing what was going on. My spondilolithesis healed before my sixth month checkup. That surgeon was amazed and told me to continue doing whatever I had been doing because I was so healthy! Rehab had me pushing body weights down a hallway one week post-surgery. Dr. Kathy reviews my vitamin intake along with whatever list I may hand her. She spends tremendous amounts of time with me. My yearly physical resulted in x-rays to discover my thyroid was too small, so prescribed a med for that, and a cholesterol lowering script. She monitors everything including borderline diabetes, hereditary cardio-vascular disease risk, weight control techniques, and now menopause. Every decade I seem to go through two new challenges to my health, but now that I'm almost sixty people mistake me for my kid's ages. Today a lady who just turned fifty couldn't believe my age and said I was "well preserved!" Kuddos go out to my favorite doctor EVER for helping me sustain good health that shows! Pardon me for signing off. I have to be at work by six a.m. in which I walk from the furthest parking lot and up five flights of stairs first. I do that three times a day to offset the sitting all day. Dr. Kathy say any extra workouts would help with weight control. Is there help for laziness Dr. Kathy? :)

Comfortable with Doc show details Comfortable with Doc
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Mayhew is very thorough and spends as much time with you as you need. I never feel rushed when I am in her office. But, on the flip side of that, I have never been seen at my scheduled time, she is always running behind (at least when I have been there). When she walks into the examining room it appears she is focused on the patient and wants to make sure that she understands all of your concerns and you understand everything she is prescribing. I apprreciate that in a Doc.

Best Doctor ever show details Best Doctor ever
Apr 1st, 2009

Dr. Mayhew has been our family doctor for 6 yrs now. She has always made me and my girls feel like we are her most important patients whenever we are in there to see her. She never trys to rush through us and always listens to us whenever we have questions.