Dr. Kathy Walker MD, FACOG Patient Reviews

• Bad

August 3rd, 2016
great experience!!!

May 16th, 2016
Exceptional doctor who takes her time with patients.

July 21st, 2015
Went in for a well-woman visit. This was my first time in her office. She came in, barely greeted me, didn't ask me if I had any concerns, just sat down and started reading the paperwork I had just filled out. When she got the family history, my grandmother died of breast cancer (50 years ago) and my mom died of cervical cancer (two months ago) she muttered something under her breath and said, "Did you hear what Angelina Jolie did?" I was so taken aback, I replied incredulously, "Yes! And I would never do that!" She said, "It just opens up a discussion." I told her there was nothing to discuss. She was detached and cold from the beginning to end. I might as well have been a specimen in a college anatomy lab class. Go in for a pap smear and the doctor recommends a hysterectomy and a double mastectomy! What a nightmare!

January 15th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Kathy Walker delivered both of my pregnancies and I have to honesty say she provided me with the best experience I could have ever asked for. She made the experience of child birth for me one to treasure. Dr. Kathy Walker demonstrated great bed side manners and coached me throughout the entire process. Dr. Walker's consistent display of competence, commitment and genuineness ensured that I had a safe and easy delivery and that the aftercare transition home was a success.

January 3rd, 2012
terrible
she was awful. Rude. Quick. And I was misdiagnosed.

June 10th, 2011
This is my first pregnancy. I chose Dr. Walker because she was the only doctor under my HMO's plan who was willing to accept new patients. Secondly, she was very close to the hospital I plan to deliver at, to work and to my house.Since I am a healthcare worker, I felt comfortable with the medical jargon Dr. Walker uses. She is very matter-of-fact which turns out to be a good match for me. I accept that there are visits that will take longer wait because she gets calls from unexpected calls from the hospitals and worked it out with the front desk people.I trust her professional opinion more than needing her soothing reassurance. Her training and experience supports and guides her recommendations to her patients to minimize risks to the patients and also to protect her practice. We have discussed our difference in opinion and she does push for her point, but I expect my doctor not to waver her opinion by listening to different patients. I appreciate her confidence and forthcoming manner because I need to trust her to lead me down this path that is totally new and foreign to me.

March 14th, 2017