Dr. Kati Dessauer MD Patient Reviews

July 22nd, 2016
Grateful patient
Dr. Dessauer was through, compassionate, and diagnosed a problem I had been dealing with for years without a diagnosis. She gave me hope and direction. I can't say enough about her; I am extremely grateful to have found her.

May 4th, 2016
Doctor Needs to Reign In Rogue Physician Assistant
the physician assistant was overzealous and very controlling - a know-it-all of the worst order. I have had many doctors in my day, and a few PA's and NP's - but I never had an experience like this, where a PA refused to prescribe meds and practically insisted that I see all kinds of specialists for issues that I was not complaining about.

February 6th, 2016
exceptional care
the providers and staff at Wellness Family Practice provide unparrelled medical care in a warm and welcoming environment.Dr. Dessauer finds serious problems missed by other providers.I highly recommend this wonderful practice.

December 6th, 2015
I had several times where I was not able to get to see the doctor on short notice when sick. Eventually, I was dropped as a patient, and they said they "weren't taking new patients." I said I wasn't a new patient, but because I hadn't been there in 3 years, they dropped me. Also, I found Dr Dessauer to be have a poor bedside manner; rather brusque, and this was my experience each time I was there, also heard her speaking meanly to her PA.

July 23rd, 2012
Terrible experience
They do not know what they are talking about! They said they would refill my prescriptions but after waiting for 30 minutes they told me I would have to come in 4 more times to have tests/blood work (I live 30 minutes away) and that I would have to change the birth control pills I am on if I wanted to be their patient. They cited TV commercials claiming that the commercials said that the FDA says not to take Yasmin/Ocella birth control pills - this information is incorrect, the FDA says what every package insert says: risk of blood clots increases if patient smokes and/or is over the age of 35. It was a complete waste of time and they apparently get their medical information from TV commercials.

August 14th, 2011
Thankful
I have been a patient of Dr. Dessauer since I moved here about 4 years ago. I have always had a wonderful experience at her office. She is very meticulous and thorough with her patients. My husband, who is healthy and never had any health issues, started having some unusual symptoms a year ago. At that point he didn't establish a relationship with any doctor in the area. I called the office and they took him immediately. Dr. Dessauer was able to diagnosis him almost on the spot with a very serious condition. She sent him to the right specialist and basically saved his life. Thanks to Dr. Dessauer and her knowledge, he is healthy and back to normal.I would recommend her and her staff to all. She is a great doctor.

April 25th, 2009
Dr. Dessauer is a wonderful family doctor. She takes time with you and listens to you. Sometimes she can be a little gruff, but she means well and really cares about her patients. That is rare in doctors these days.