Dr. Katia Castillo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 1st, 2016
Greatest Gynecologist ever!!!

January 19th, 2016
Very poor service
awful very bad service staff is totally cool to give bad news in my case when I had lost my baby ask if my ultrasound was normal and the woman answered me very badly

December 8th, 2015
Excellent
Love Dr. Castillo! Delivered both of my babies and performed ablation surgery. Takes time with you and has a great bedside manor.

February 19th, 2014
Such a personal doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Castillo's for 18 years now. She delivered both of my children and she always remembers details about me and my family from year to year. I cannot say that I have not been left waiting in the waiting room more than I would like at times, HOWEVER... it is easy for us to forget that she is a Doctor and there are illnesses/medical complications that could come up out of the doctors control. Dr. Castillo has always given me the time, understanding and advice I have needed. She is one of the kindest individuals I have ever met and I would recommend her to everyone! As for the lady that commented she would have cut her up if she had not gotten a second opinion... you are wrong. That is not how she is and I know from experience! Dr. Castillo is a professional that takes each individual, their health, the well-being of the child and other medical conditions into consideration for each and every patient! I am so thankful to have been referred to her 18 years ago!

September 11th, 2012
Most caring Doctor I have ever had. Excellent bedside manner and always available to listen. Thank you Dr. C.

November 3rd, 2011
I've seen Dr. Castillo for years. She delivered my child and has followed up with me on issues beyond that. I find her to be caring and professional and her staff is more than helpful.

June 15th, 2010
I have three children and two of them Dr. Walters and Castillo delivered. I had a great experience with my pregnancy and delivery. I think that they are wonderful doctors! Very caring! My first child was delivered by a male doctor and that was a horrible experience!

November 14th, 2009
la peor experiencia medica en mi vida
Definativamente fue la peor experiencia de mi vida. La doctora se cree que es una Diosa y la paciente no debe preguntar. No estaba dispuesta de escuchar atentamente a mis preocupaciones debido a la delicadez de mi situacion. Tenia un embarazo de alto riesgo en que mi vida estaba en peligro y no tenia la consideracion de explicarme con detalle mis opciones ni contestar mis preguntas. Tenia que huir a otro medico que me atendia con suma cuidado y atencion. Por su bien no vaya con esta doctora.

September 28th, 2009
Horrible Doctor, Do not Recommend By Any Means!
Horrible doctor with horrible care practices for patients. Do not recommend to anyone. She also covers for Roswell OBGYN after hours, so if you are a patient of Roswell OBGYN, keep it mind and make sure your needs are covered during the day.

September 22nd, 2009
Routine visit
I have been going to Dr Castillo for years and have never had a problem. She has always answered all of my questions and seems like a very caring doctor. She is very good at putting you at ease and explaining any problems and next steps. Her staff has been rude in the past, but I just went to the Shallowford office this summer and they were as nice as could be. I have recommended her to many of my friends and they all have good things to say about her as well. As for the mentions of long waits, they have been good to call if she is running behind or let you know if she was called to the hospital. I was kind of surprised to see these reviews(although I would agree in the past about the staff).I don't know about these other reviews, but I would highly recommend her.

July 22nd, 2009
Not fit for Medical Practice.
This is a doctor that woman trust with their children and how do they perform??Katia Castillo should be ashamed of the service that she provides.Her staff are inhuman and insensitive.Delays in appointments,long waiting hours in her office,disrespectful staff,not turning up for deliveries and a very busy doctor who won't lend her ear to any of your problems are some of the problems i have faced.With so many bad remarks i think, she is not fit to run the office.Service is what we pay for in a clinic, and if the doctor doesn't even have time to listen to you, then there is no point in going to such a doc.I would recommend Moms-to-be to go to a doc that is not sooooo very busy to listen to you.I had many questions as this is my first pregnancy,the doctor did a pelvic exam and was of the room in under 3 min.she didn't even stop to answer my questions even when i started asking them she said she would answer them later.What kind of doctor would treat her patients like this??Is she some kind of moron?? and who allowed her to continue her practice for all these years?? people who are ignornat go to her. Her office staff,especially one at the reception is awfully annoying and i hated to see at every appointment.Every time i go to her office i prayed that the office receptionist should be fired or atleast on leave and that no-sense person was unfortuneately always there.Shame on the doctor for such a bad service . Shame on the whole team for the worst experience they render to mothers-to-be.The clientille they have is also not good.Think they have broke people who come to Katia without insurance and they pay her cash.So she doesn't treat respectable patients like they ought to have been treated.Because she is seeing patients without self-respect and don't look for good service,she doesn't have the right to treat evryone the same way.I am a person with self-respect and keen on service,I would never visit a doc who deserves not to be visited,and would never recommend my good-service-seeking-friends to her. I am ashamed to have been one of her patients for the past 6 mnths. Am very happy to have found a sensitive doctor.

June 8th, 2009
Mom of 2
I saw Dr. Castillo 4 years ago for the birth of my first son and chose a midwife for my second son. She did not care about what I wanted in a birth, she and her staff pressured me into an induction I did not want and she probably would have cut me open if I had not insisted on a 2nd opinion. Doctors like her should be ashamed at what they put low-risk healthy women like me through. I wanted a natural delivery and I received as many unnecessary interventions as they can charge the high costs to the insurance company. If you care about how your baby will enter the world, go with a midwife or a doctor that CARES!