Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

1.0

Crass Bedside Manner show details Crass Bedside Manner
by Elderly Farm Lady on Feb 9th, 2015

Dr. Moriarty had poor beside manner and awful verbal communication with me being a geriatric patient with heart disease. I had an echo. Following the echo, Dr. Moriarty has her nurse send me a letter in the mail stating how poorly my heart is functioning. She couldn't bother to write the letter herself or call me if my heart was in such a terrible state. The letter did not even provide a phone number to call her or an explanation of what the verbiage even meant. After figuring I needed to schedule funeral arrangements for myself, I attended my scheduled appointment several days after receiving this awful news in a cold-hearted (no pun intended) letter from Dr. Moriarty. She wanted to run more tests to bill Medicare and make more money. She still provided me with no explanation to what caused my heart disease. Her responses were to continue to increase my medications to maximum doses. Not once did Dr. Moriarty ask me in my appointment how I was feeling or doing. She did not care in the least how I was doing clinically. She just wanted to run test after test and increase my medications. Dr. Moriarty had very poor bedside manner, terrible communication skills and also continued to tell me three times that she was boarded in "Heart Failure". Dr. Moriarty is boarded in cardiology. There is NO board certification in Heart Failure. She was misleading AND falsifying her credentials.