Dr. Katina Miles Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Katina Miles?

September 29th, 2017

Wrong Diagnosis

I went to Dr. Miles for severe (90%) of my body covered in eczema. She incorrectly diagnosed as psoriasis and put me on two different biologics which actually made it worse, not to mention that it seriously affected my immune system. She also diagnosed me as having Lupus-she ordered lab work for me which ended up costing me $700. I ended up in the hospital with my legs so severely swollen and my system completely compromised. I finally went to a doctor at Johns Hopkins, he and his staff were mortified at my condition, he also informed me that I did not have Lupus. The whole experience was horrible-I would never recommend her to anyone suffering from any real condition. Actually I would not recommend her to anyone for any type of medical condition. I think it would behoof her to return to medical school so that she might learn how to properly diagnose a patient. My doctor at Hopkins was incredulous that she could not make a simple diagnoses of eczema. Good luck if you choose her as your doctor.

September 28th, 2017

Would not Recommend

Horrible, did a procedure on me that became so infected I have to see a wound care specialist for treatment. Misdiagnosed me with a lupus and scleroderma and I only found out by reading my online chart. Misdiagnosed a family with psoriasis and put him on a very expensive biologic for psoriasis that suppresses the immune system when he had eczema. HORRIBLE!!!

January 11th, 2016

Make the best decision of your life - See a Caring AND Knowledgeable Derm

Dr. Myles is a true professional. I came to her in a bid to get on Accutane after my previous dermatologist had laughed away my concerns. Dr. Myles immediately put me on Accutane, and five months later I'm clear as can be. For the first time ever, I have true confidence and peace of mind. You would be making a HUGE mistake if you passed up the opportunity to see her. This dermatologist is LIFE-CHANGING. Please see her!

August 11th, 2015

Outstanding Dermatologist

During my first appointment with Dr. Miles, she correctly diagnosed all 3 severe skin problems that I have had for some time. She prescribed several medications which I began using immediately. Within 2 weeks, the inflammation was gone, and the psoriasis and the rash had begun to dissipate. The appearance of my skin is so much better. Dr. Miles will check my progress within 2 weeks. I had been seeing 2 other dermatologists for the past 4 years and have never seen any improvement until now. Sarah, Dr. Miles' assistant is first class. I am so glad that I found Dr. Miles.

May 1st, 2015

Truly An Oasis in Dermatology

Always a pleasant experience. The office atmosphere reflects the name: Oasis. Clean, personable staff & Dr. Miles has great "bedside manner"; medical knowledge that I trust. I highly recommend.

March 18th, 2015

Very informative and offers great resources!!

July 16th, 2013

A co-worker referred me to and I have since been seeing Dr. Miles for 4 months now. All visits with the exception of one were very timely. Upon signing in, I have never waited more than 5 minutes before being called back. Once in the room, only once have I waited over 10 minutes before the doctor came in (this is important to me as I have waited on other doctors for more than 30 minutes). Dr. Miles and her staff have always been courteous and tentative to my needs. I like the fact that her assistants are informed and knowledgeable enough that when you starte discussing your problem, they know which questions to ask to help speed up the process when the doctor arrives (I actually heard the assistance informing Dr. Miles about the reason of my appt and the ongoing status at each visit). This again is important as I don't feel time is being wasted with asking/answering questions redundantly. I have since referred others who seem to be just as pleased.

April 19th, 2013

Excellent 1st time visit

I came in to check some suspicious bumps above my eye brow and a few skin tags. I had a biopsy done and 1 of the skin tags removed. Dr. Miles was very courteous and pleasant. She made me feel very comfortable and great bedside manners. I will be seeing her again in a month for a full exam. The staff was very pleasant as well. I give this office an A+

January 30th, 2013

Wrong treatment

The doctor rush through my appointment and didn't address all my concerns. Gave a list of medications without getting test results first. Disappointing and no bedside manner at all. Cost expensive.

February 10th, 2012

Very caring and helpful

I have been dealing with hair loss for a number of years and have been very upset about about losing my hair. Dr. Miles was very caring. She listened to my concerns. She discussed with me treatment options and was very helpful and honest about what to expect from treatment. The front desk was also very pleasant.

November 10th, 2011

Assembly line/cookie cutter approach

My appointment was at 9 arived 5 minutes early to complete forms, didn't see the doc til 10. Assistant came in first but was writing prescriptions while listening to me (how would she know what to prescribe w/no exam?). Doc finally came in but never really examined/looked closely at my skin (and I wore no makeup). Seemed a little annoyed by all my questions (looking for deeper answers like diet related causes, etc.) Gave same canned answers as her very nice assistant. Asked about removing skin tags which she was able and willing to do quickly (though she actually coached her assistant; that's ok). Lacked passion and patience. Just a job. The more patients the better. I wont be returning or referring others.

September 23rd, 2011

I just saw Dr. Miles for the first time. She was very nice and listened to all of my concerns. She spent a lot of time on my full body check which I had never had before and really explained the importance of having one as well as what she was doing during the visit. Her nurse was really helpful. The front office staff was very friendly.