Dr. Katja Felsinger MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Bluefield, WV

• Good
  • Bad

May 6th, 2012
I have been with dr Felsinger for over 4 yrs and I could think of a better doctor!When I am in the hospital-she comes to see me right away. I am a diabetic and she has helped me so much, there is no one i would trust other than her. Yes, sometimes she is hard to understand and seems a bit hurried,but she is a busy person...so give her a little leway. I think she is very nice and has a great bedside manner, whether I see her in her office, in the hospital or in walmart or kmart. so anyway- THANK YOU Dr Felsinger for all that you do for me! romy holmes

August 16th, 2011
Great Doctor, very thorough
Very thorough but as the others have said sometimes hard to understand. In time it gets easier and I find the small wait and time it takes to communicate is well worth the effects I receive from her excellent care!

August 7th, 2011
Excellent Diagnostician, Mood unpredictable
My significant other and I have seen her for several years. Most of the time, she is abrupt and in a big hurry (and makes you feel like you need to hurry up). Her German accent and speech impediment make it almost impossible for me to understand her! My SO understands her a bit better, but often neither of us do. One of the traits of the German nation is that people tend to be very rigid. Never have I seen that as true as with this doctor! I am disabled and have had to miss some appointments due to an inability to leave my home (weather, etc) and she refused to refill my insulin prescription when I ran out (my scheduled appointment was in one week!). She then lectured me, even though she "said" she understood about being disabled (I am wheelchair bound). Every once in awhile she can be really nice!

January 3rd, 2011
disappointed
I found attempting to get an appointment was difficult depending on who I spoke with. I felt as is she was not listening to me, basically looked and ordered labs, gave me a prescription but was not listening to me and the office visit took all of 3 to 5 minutes.

November 28th, 2009
Dr. Felsinger is very rigid but good
Dr. Felsinger is very difficult to understand because she not only is German, but has a bit of a lisp. She speaks very fast as well, so be prepared to ask her to slow down or to repeat things. She is very thorough in reading your blood work results to you and explaining them. She is very numbers oriented (test results) but not so "caring" in her demeanor. Not a empathic kind of doctor. However she is an excellent doctor to care for your diabetes.

July 20th, 2017