Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Find another Dr. show details Find another Dr.
by Chrissy C on Feb 22nd, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Allen after my original doctor retired. The first complaint I have is the wait time. Every time I had a appointment even just for test results I know I will be there fore about 2 hours never fails. Even when I show up very early to hopefully cut the appointment time down. This is without pregnancy. The 2nd and MOST important complaint is on her Nurse/assistant/gate keeper whatever her position is. She is extremely RUDE and has no communication skills. Everything she tells you is rude, with a attitude, and belittling. Anything you say to her either a response to her questions or you asking one you will receive a smart A remark with it. My first visit the room smelled so bad she sprayed a perfume or spray super strong and still had me go sit in the room anyways even after expressing how bad the smell was. I will for sure be looking for another Dr. there is no reason to have someone so poorly working there specially if she is the first "contact" people have before seeing the actual doctor. I've never had such a bad experience with a Dr. or Dr.'s office . I will not be seeing them again!

Bad Experience Before Pregnancy show details Bad Experience Before Pregnancy
by VZ on Mar 17th, 2015

I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Allen for preconception counseling in the fall of 2014. Making the appointment was easy, but the wait time to see the doctor was over 30 minutes. Prior to meeting Dr. Allen, her nurse was asking me the basic questions in order to get to know me and my health status. The nurse proceeded to tell me that I was taking my birth control wrong. I stated that my PCP told me I was taking it correctly; the nurse stood by her answer. When Dr. Allen entered the room, I clarified the birth control question, and she told me I was in fact taking it correctly. I did have a good feeling about Dr. Allen herself. I was told to see my PCP approximately 1-2 months prior to trying to conceive in order to adjust my medications (all blood pressure related). Fast forward to this month and I saw my PCP who stated that Dr. Allen should really be the one to adjust my blood pressure medications since she would be more knowledgeable about what medications would be safe during pregnancy and the PCP's stance would be more by the book. After leaving my PCP, I immediately called to schedule another appointment with Dr. Allen. While making my appointment, I was transferred through to someone (not a nurse) who told me that Dr. Allen would not be managing my medications prior to conception, and that I should call only once I became pregnant to have the mediations adjusted. She proceeded to explain that it was similar to being on an Aspirin regimen. I brought up my concern of taking unapproved medications that could potentially hurt the baby prior to having the medications adjusted. Her response was, "I already told you that it is similar to an Aspirin regimen and to call once you are pregnant." After hanging up the phone, I immediately decided to find another ob/gyn to see me throughout my preconception and pregnancy. I can only imagine myself being pregnant for the first time and being unable to see my doctor because the "gate keeper" doesn't think it is an important enough reason. I believe if the office (and some of the nursing) staff were more customer service focused, Dr. Allen could thrive, because she herself seemed very knowledgeable and caring.

Ms show details Ms
by Clara on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Ellen is great but the office staff sucks. Time for better work organization. Hard to make appointment online. Waiting for appointment in office is never less than 50 mins. Yes, I am put off by this issues , I have no choice but to seek elsewhere. Not everyone has the luxury of idle time all day long.

Great Doctor / Sucky Practice show details Great Doctor / Sucky Practice
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr. Allen is friendly & pleasant. However, this doctor was not a good fit for me because I prefer my doctor to be more detailed and explanatory. I saw her during my second pregnancy & had to switch after that. The biggest reason was the long wait times. Even with an appointment I would wait between 20 - 40 minutes. Second reason for switching is that each time I called with a concern I could never get through to a live person. I'd have to leave a message & wait for a call back from the nurse. Once, I even had to call my previous OBGYN of 14 years because I knew I'd be able to spk to a live person right away. When you're pregnant & feeling pains & you call in at 8am but do not receive a call back until 4 or 5 pm, you do not feel important! I felt the practice accepted way more patients than they could comfortably handle. Customer Service at this practice was less than desireable. I felt like a number. In addition, some of the staff were very unprofessional, unfriendly, and went out of their way to be unhelpful.

Amazing Doctor, caring heart show details Amazing Doctor, caring heart
by Jennifer on Jun 26th, 2010

Dr. Allen is top notch, she knows what shes doing and she takes as much time with you as you need. Dr. Allen respects your decisions as the patient and has amazing bedside manner. Dr. Allen makes me feel so comfortable, I trusted her with the birth of my first child and will up to my last one. I LOVE Dr. Allen.Her office staff on the other hand is something to be addressed. The office staff needs some education on patient satisfaction and phone ettiquite. The office staff seems to rushed at times to deal with your appt needs and then instead of focusing on you as the patient paying their paycheck they are to busy conversating amongst themselves while you wait on them to finish their " important concersations" very tacky.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jan 6th, 2009

Dr. Allen is a very compassionate and caring doctor. Her bedside manner is great. I love seeing her and never feel uncomfortable discussing things with her. She is a keeper!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Allison on Apr 30th, 2008

Dr. Allen is by far one of my favorite doctors. She makes her patients feel at ease and comfortable.