Dr. Kavita Kongara MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Atlanta, GA

3.9

March 7th, 2017
OUTSTANDING GASTRO DOCTOR!
I had my first appointment with Dr. Kongara for issues I developed after 1/2 of my colon was removed last fall. The surgery was successful but my digestive tract has not adjusted as well as I had hoped it would so I could return to work. I've seen 2 other gastro docs for this and felt like: I was not heard - they didn't have over 5 minutes to spend with me - it's more complicated than usual so it's more than they want to deal with. NOT this doctor - Dr. Kongara is FABULOUS! She spent at least 45 minutes with me, truly listened to all of my symptoms. Then she explained to me in great detail her thoughts on what is likely occurring to cause this and how we'll tackle the problem. She outlined several ways we will go about finding the right fix. She even made it a point to have her assistant get me samples and coupons for 2 Rx's for me to try. WHAT A FIND SHE IS! Wish I had seen her first!!

March 7th, 2017
OUTSTANDING GASTRO DOCTOR!

November 4th, 2015
Loved Dr. Kongara!
Dr. Kongara is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. Very caring, very knowledgeable about her speciality. She gave me options that no other doctor has suggested. Plus she has a fantastic personality and is fun to talk with.

April 10th, 2015
Fantastic!
Excellent bedside manner and compassion. Thorough & open-minded to multiple treatment options.

February 11th, 2015
dissapointed
Its been 3 weeks and I still don't have my medication. The office staff drops the ball with the insurance and their followup. Things get lost. Verry inefficient practice.

March 2nd, 2014
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH RUDE, INEXPERIENCED DR.
I saw Dr. Kongara for severe stomach pain and diahrrea. I told her that I had had parasites several years before that had gone untreated. She said it couldn't be this. She instead ordered thousands of dollars of hospital procedures that came up neg. She then said I had an ordinary case of IBS. I asked if she was sure and she said, "You act disappointed that it isn't something more serious". I asked her how to treat IBS and she haughtily said, "The same way millions of other people do" and walked out of the room. I endured 6 more mos. of pain before being admitted to the hospital with diahrrea, dehydration & severe stomach pain. Tests came back positive for parasites and antibiotics cleared it up in days. The Dr. there said only a very inexperienced Dr. would make the mistake Dr. Kongara made. Her office staff is the rudest I have ever met. I wonder where they get it from.

January 28th, 2014
Want the DMV experience @ the doctor's office? Go here!
"Horrible listener, arrogant and insulting. Sadly disappointed and left there no better off. I didn't find the compassion, care or skill that I am looking for. The staff was less than cordial." (This is an accurate description by another reviewer. I couldn't have put it any better.] I'm pretty sure she hired her staff from the DMV. The last straw was her staff emphatically informing me that before an endoscopy, I must stop eating and drinking (even water] at midnight the night before, regardless of whether the appointment is at 8:00am or 2:30pm. I tried to explain the difference between 8 hours and 14.5 hours, but they weren't hearing it... MIDNIGHT!!!! I know it might seem petty on the surface. Just take the 8am, which would be more convenient, but they had a 2:30pm available significantly sooner. It was really how rude and ignorant the staff was that bothered me. I almost overlooked the doctor's flaws, but decided that I didn't trust her judgement, because of the combination of the events, and so I cancelled the endoscopy and went elsewhere.

December 17th, 2013
Better experience
She took her time, explaining what she was thinking. And treated the cause rather than just the symptoms, as another gastroenterologist had done.

July 23rd, 2013
She's the BEST!!
Not only was Dr. Kongara thorough in evaluating my worsening GI problem, accurate in diagnosing the cause, and effective in treating it, but she was also personable, surprisingly generous with her time and knowledge at each appointment, and interested in learning about me as a person. She is warm, energetic. and passionate about her work and the well-being of her patients--a real gem, and I'm thrilled to have her as my new GI doctor!!

January 17th, 2013
Wonderful Dr - The world needs more like her
Dunno why someone posted a negative review, but she is a fantastic doctor and a great listener. I plan on making her my permanent GI doc

November 12th, 2012
A waste of my time and money
Based on internet patient reviews, I went to this Dr. Bad choice for me. Language barrier, horrible listener, arrogant and insulting. Sadly disappointed and left there no better off. I didn't find the compassion, care or skill that I am looking for. The staff was less than cordial.

February 14th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Dr Kongara is an excellent, caring doctor. She took the time to listen to my issues and diagnose them accordingly. She did not rush my appointment and showed a general interest and concern for my concerns.