Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Her Healthcare LLP
5510 Atascocita Rd
Ste 290
Humble, TX 77346
281-312-5400
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  IGNORANT  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2013

LONG BUT COULD SAVE YOUR CHILDS' LIFE!!!! I first started using Dr. Mahajan when I was looking for a good Gynecologist and birth control. She suggested that I get the IUD Mirena and nothing else. I did. After my Mirena was placed I had it in for less 2 months when it had fallen halfway out. I had fainting spells and high fever. When I went back to Dr. Mahajan to have it removed she said my body "rejected" it. After that I had become pregnant and started using her and my Obstetrician. this was my 2nd child. With my first I had a Pre-term delivery, which meant I needed to take extra caution noting that this baby would also be preterm. Around 19 weeks, I had to go to the emergency room for intense cramps that I had recognized as contractions. since I was not 20 weeks I had to go through the ER the entire time and not labor and delivery. The ER doctor was wonderful and listened to me and responded how any doctor would. After a Physical screening, he had discovered I was 2 cm dilated. when he called my doctor she was not on call, her affiliate DR. PLUMMER was and she directed the ER doctor to send me home bc on the ultrasound, the baby looked fine. Not caring that I was having contractions or already dilated. After I went home I scheduled a follow up with Dr. Mahajan. I was able to see her 3 days later, when I arrived she didn't even do a physical exam or any test. she just told me to take Tylenol and rest when I started to feel sore, and attributed my "discomfort" as she said to "growing and stretching pains" I was very annoyed but as my doctor I should trust her. so I went home and put myself on bed rest for the next 3 weeks till my next apt with her. Before the 3 weeks, at 22 weeks I was forced back to the ER bc the pain was unbearable and I knew something was happening! This time I went to Labor and Delivery and was in triage From 5 PM to 1 AM on the monitor having steady contractions every 8 min. lasting a minute a piece. Dr. Mahajan was not on call, DR. PLUMMER was again! She not once allowed the nurse to give me ANYTHING for pain and then at 1 am directed me to go home, and "rest". I immediately went in to see Dr. Mahajan again the next day, when she did the same as before. No exams, just told me to "take it easy and take Tylenol" I at this point was fed up! I Immediately called to find a different doctor and when I did, I was charged 25 dollars to send my records to my new doctor. I went in to see my new doctor exactly 1 week later, who immediately did a physical exam and determined I was now at 23 weeks and 5 days. He stated I was 3 CM AND 60 % Effaced. I was immediately transported to the hospital and monitored for 1 hour and it was determined I was in labor and given medicine to stop my labor.! I am now on hospital bed rest and receiving weekly progesterone. Dr. Mahajan-Merritt Refused to listen to me and put my daughters life in danger.! Any one that may have any complications during pregnancy should NOT go to Dr. Mahajan. She is barely equipped to handle a basic, healthy pregnancy.!

|  Inexperienced  |  show details
by Natasha on Mar 1st, 2013

I went to her for a pap smear, which was the most painful I have ever had. After the appointment I explained to her that I get bad reactions to high dose birth controls and needed a low dosage, she ignored me and gave me a high one anyways, I had a series of unbearable aura migraines. I then used her for an iud insertion. The first appointment I made as I left the office from my pap smear I wrote it down immediately and then when I showed up two months later I was told I had no appointment. I explained I had made it months prior as I was going out of the country and it was time critical. That was ignored. When my iud was put in, It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced.I nearly blacked out. I have never had kids and no local anestetic was used. I also was not told what to expect before arrival and was not told to take pain medications. She did not do a metal allergy test, and it turns out, I had an allergy to the iud. She did not do a fitting before ordering it and waited until insertion. After insertion she immediately left the room and said nothing. Because of the time allotment I had a two week checkup instead of a 6 week check up, Since they decided to not honor the appointment I had made months prior. Very disappointing. The check up was with the older doctor named Dr. Pinckert, she was gentle and wonderful. I then scheduled the removal and my well womens with Dr. Pinckert in May. When I arrived for my appointment in November, They tried to force me to use Dr. Mahajan, I declined and left. They then attempted to bill me. I would not recommend her to anyone.

|  Excellent!!!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

Dr. Mahajan actually LISTENED to me and answered my questions. I felt toatally at ease. I didn't feel rushed in any way. She seemed concered with the task at hand; which at time was me!

|  AWESOME!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

I went to Dr.Mahajan-Merritt for my first pregnancy and it was an amazing experience. She is very patient and doesn't rush appointments. Her nurse, Amanda, is just as amazing. They are both very sweet and make sure to treat you like a person versus a number. I loved this doctor. I will definitely go to her during my next pregnancy. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Great office!