Dr. Kavitha Blewett MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 29th, 2015
Ectopic Pregnancy Misdiagnosed
My primary care physician sent me to Kavita Blewett because I was suffering from severe abdominal pain. I went to see Kavita Blewett to get examined and hoped for a diagnosis. Instead, she rushed through my examination and explained to me that I was having a miscarriage (in medical terms only), to go home and if "it" didn't pass on its own in two to three days, to come back and see her for a D&C. Well, I was in so much pain that I begged her receptionist to see me again the same day I was sent home, in the afternoon. At first they refused to see me again, but then agreed for me to come back in for an ultrasound. They failed to let me know they would be closed for lunch. When I was waiting I decided to get a second opinion from another specialist I knew in the hospital, Dr Chantillis. He, also at lunch, agreed to see me right away, did an ultrasound and diagnosed a ruptured Fallopian Tube with bleeding in the abdomen caused by an ectopic pregnancy. I had emergency surgery a couple of hours later. Had I not questioned Dr. Blewetts firm diagnosis, I likely would have died that night. I will never forgive her for being rude, indifferent and dismissive of me. Do yourself a favor and choose another doctor.