Dr. Kavitha Gandhi MD Patient Reviews

3.6

October 19th, 2016
Both my husband and I are patients and really like the care, attention, expertise / experience of Dr. Ghandi and her staff. Was a great relief to find an excellent doctor fairly close to home.

May 11th, 2016
Joesph nunes is the patient
My son has been on epiduo for 3 months and it has been helping is acne. He was on an amoxicillin for acne too but after 3 weeks he got a bad allergy reaction from it and no longer can take it. I got new insurance and they will not cover epiduo which cost $560 for a month supply. I called and spoke to Nikki the doctors assistant and she was a life saver. She tried so hard to get it covered by the issuance but was denied. They where able to use a coupon to get it down to $75 for me. Nikki took her time and worked really hard to make sure Joey stays on this medicine. My son started to have anxiety and feeling depression about his bad acne he had on his face but since he has been using epiduo I started to see a happy teenager. Nikki understood and was willing to do everything she could to get this drug lowered for me to be able to afford. She gave me several samples to hold him over till we can get the prescription. She really made my son and I so happy. There needs to be more people like her that shows companion to there patients. Thank you Nikki for all you did for my son, it means so to much. Dr. Gadhi is luck to have you apart of her staff.

April 26th, 2016
A Very Good Physician/Dematologist
My three visits to Dr. Gandhi were all very good experiences. Pluses: A very professional staff that takes relevant information and records it. On subsequent visits, you are given a printout to verify and update instead of a blank stat-over like many offices. I really appreciate this. Dr. Gandhi is pleasant and through. She explains what and why. Unlike one rater's complaint, on my first visit I had told her staff that I had a mole to remove as well as the routine check. Everything was done in one visit. Yes, I've waited a little longer than I might wish, but when she is with me, I have her full attention and she takes the time needed. I do not feel rushed. There has never been a reason for her to follow up with me after a visit. Dr. Gandhi is the third dermatologist I have seen. She is the ONLY one of the three that I would see (and have seen) again. On my recommendation, my wife has an appointment with her next week.

April 26th, 2016
Very poor experience. She seemed intelligent but refused to listen to what I had to say about my personal issues and would interrupt me on a fairly regular basis. Ended up taking two rounds of accutane (thousands and thousands of dollars) before she told me the drug was fat soluble, she tried acting like this was a new finding so I did a little research and found documents noting this 14 years prior. Don't waste your time with her, she seemingly does not understand how the drugs she prescribes works. She also schedules far too many patients to the point where I was waiting 45min+ each appt.

January 24th, 2016
I see her yearly and recommend her to others.

January 11th, 2016
Very satisfied, and I have been to many. She doesn't use that eye gear that I have seen but I don't know if that's important.

November 25th, 2015
Haven't had a follow up yet. too soon

November 24th, 2015
Late
I should have read the other reviews; first appointment doctor calls in to say she will be late. This is only after my appointment was to begin and there were 3 other people ahead of me. I left and scheduled an appointment with another office. I would never use a doctor that hasn't figured out how to use a cell phone to alert patients ahead of time of their tardiness.

October 2nd, 2015
Wait Times are HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!
Every time I have been to see her I have waited no less than 30 minutes. Usual wait time is 45 minutes even if I'm the first appointment at 9 am. Absolutely ridiculous. And that doesn't include the time waiting in the exam room. NOT going back. EVER.

September 14th, 2015
Extremely Bad Experience!!!
I have seen this doctor last month during my initial visit and she insisted to have the treatment broken down to multiple visits but charged full rate for each visit without my knowledge. Later when I spoke with her biller, she directed me to her where she was adamant about it. overall, very bad experience, spent more than $300 and treatment didn't even work.

October 1st, 2014
Is this what healthcare will look like in the future
Called the Dr's office. I have been a patient for a few years. Discussed an urgent issue, some creepy rash that is closing my eyes. Need an assessment. Discussed the urgency of this situation. I was informed a week from Wednesday. But with two time choices. Customer comes first, not here!! Look out America, time to wake up!

April 30th, 2014
Appalled
We all know when you go to the doctor you are going to wait... but it took them an hour and 20 mins to see me then made me wait another 30 mins in a gown until the doctor even came in to talk to me. Then when she got there she took one look at me, told me what she thought it was, then implied I wouldn't be able to pay for the treatment. Her exact words were, "Well, we could try this treatment but it's expensive and you'd have to come for a few sessions." I get when things are expensive people tend to pause but let ME make that decision... do not assume I'm broke! Our insurance was billed $383... for nothing. wow.