inactive

• 1 patient rating
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 4th, 2014
Dr. Lewis needs to respect parents decisions
I was referred to Dr. Lewis by my son's pediatrician. My son has autism and Dr. Lewis is one of the few doctors in Florida that can diagnose autism. Dr. Lewis was knowledgeable and her recommendations for my sons treatment were helpful. During our last visit Dr. Lewis strongly recommended risperdol for my son's anxiety. I politely refused. Dr. Lewis became visibly agitated with my refusal and scolded me like a child. Now I find out that there is a lawsuit against risperdol for damaging children. It didn't upset me that Dr. Lewis suggested that I give my son medication, what upset me was her bullying attitude about my decision. I feel bad for the other parents who were guilted or shamed into medicating their children and now their children must suffer for it. I'm glad my son isn't suffering like a lab rat.