Internist, Addiction Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  She was my Doctor!  |  show details
by Pat on Oct 20th, 2014

Dr. Kay Son, is a Great doctor. I have know her over 15 years, she took care of my late husband and myself for years. We drove in from Cookeville.tn. Every month. yes, Doctor Kay Son was a dam good Doctor for me and my late husband. She was a great person heart of gold and the Staff to. Very friendly people to us. If I could get her back I would take her back. Dr. Kay Son , was a wonderful Doctor. Your all have to get to know her. She help our pain , Thanks Dr. Kay Son and Staff. ( P.H)

|  Dr Son great Kristy not so much not a methadone clinic at all  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

First off Southcrest Clinic is not a methadone clinic or like one in any way. It does offer a program to those suffering with addictions to opiates who want to get help privately without going away for a long period of time. The medicine suboxone is used to hehelp with withdraw symptoms and also has an opiate blocker so if you try to mix it with other opiates such as loratab the naloxone in the suboxone will block it. Naloxone is given to those who over dose on heroine because it blocks the opiate receptors in the body. So this is nothing like methadone which addicts mix with heroine to get even higher it is for those who ate serious about recovery. Doctor son also required you to seek other help such as AA or NA meeting along with counciling which is very important to help in the recovery process so you can begin to live without drugs. So it is not a methadone clinic in my opinion it is much more structured and I'm talking mostly about the suboxone and its benefits compared to methadone because it won't get you high like you would want and you can not mix it with other opiates.Dr Son is great to me and listens and I feel knows what she is doing but like many other patients have mentioned her staff or Kristy is the downfall to going to South Credt Clinic which I have gone to for 3 or more years and hear Kristy talk about other patients play on get phone and just act unprofessional in many ways but thankfully she is not diagnosing me or treating me I only get my appointments made through her so the bad out ways the good I don't usually wait too long to be seen and I feel Dr Son is a great doctor she should consider hiring a more professional staff because they are the face of her practice and Kristy can be so off putting and just plane nasty and rude that patients will walk away based on Kristys actions

|  Such a wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

Dr. Kay Son spent at least twenty minutes with me. She not only discussed my medical history but took the time to ask more questions to help determine the best treatment possible. She inquired about my family/job which helped me feel more comfortable. She helped explain her methods & the reasoning behind them. I have spoken with four doctors over the last year & have been disappointed habitually. For those who may need pain management treatment she is the doctor you are seeking. Her staff if also friendly and accepting. I am so relieved to be in her capable hands.

|  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

I have been going to this doctor for 10 years. She is my primary care doctor.kristy is always helpful and returns all my calls in a timely manner. I have seen some patients that appear to be drug seekers and become upset with office staff but I do not agree with the other comments that Dr Son and Kristy is awfull.

|  Heartless  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

This doctor should not have her liscense !!!! She spent maybe ten minutes with me and sent me home with a prescription for suboxone. She is a suboxone pusher !!! I had no information about coming off the med I was on and starting the suboxone. My withdrawls were horrible and when I called for help I was told I should have been in a hospital. Had I known I would have made arrangements to do just that. I have a 7yr old son and have to take care of him. Several days later I called back concerned about my pain and was treated rudely on the phone. I received no help from this doctor and her staff is hateful. She does not care about you as a person and never listened to my health concerns. Don't waste your time or money going to this QUACK !!!!!

|  Staff Is Rude  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I would just like to say I been going to see Dr. Son for a year now, Her Nurse Kristy is awful , she is mean, she will talk about other patients all the time. and she never does her work. You will see her on Facebook and bouncing her checkbook, Dr.Son will also write you a script without even telling you she switched your meds, This Place needs new Staff, The colored girl who works there does not know a thing and walks around clueless. They Treat me awful and I am reporting them, I have had it

|  Suboxone Clinic  |  show details
by Sherry on Aug 30th, 2010

I was sent to Dr. Son being told she was a Pain Mgt. Specialist. I have sveral different things wrong with my back & neck, migraines, fibromyalgia, & diabetic neuopathy. She explained to me that she could treat me for all these problems. On my 1st visit she gave me 3 injections without telling me what she was doing or what she was giving me. I had to ask. She gave me a med I was allergic to which sent me to E.R. She prescribed Suboxone for the pain. On 2nd visit she came into room & gave me 2 more injections to which I had an instant reaction to & she had to give me another injection to bring me out of reaction. She said she did not see my chart before coming into room. I saw Dr. Son for close to 9 mos. Each time it was something else. The deal breaker was on my last visit when I overheard her nurse & young lady at front desk discussing another patient, including her name, insurance, ph.#, pharmacy, & how this person was thought to be scamming the dr. to get drugs. I was in a room waiting on the dr. when I heard all their conversation with this patient & the pharmacy! I had almost decided by then that I didn't want to be seen by a dr.'s office that told everyone's business since we sign a paper saying it is all confidential. I thought that was so unprofessinal. When Dr. Son came in to see me one of the 1st questions she asked me was "What is wrong with your teeth". See, I have a gap in my front teeth & when I said it's my gap I've had forever she told me I needed to get it fixed!!! Last straw for me! I took offense to the remark. Even my own dentist never suggested this. After finding out more about the drug Suboxone it is a synthetic opiate to ween you from opiates. I was told it was not addictive. WELL IT IS! I am diabetic & I have asthma, COPD, & emphysema. Suboxone is not supposed to be used on diabetics or patients with breathing problems. I stayed swelled in my face, legs, feet, & ankles among other side effects. Each time I would discuss this with her she would just tell me to wait & see if my body would adjust. She didn't check my back or legs when I would go in for a visit. Just write a prescription for Suboxone. My private dr. had to order a new MRI because she was going by test results that were 3 yrs old. I could go on & on.If you are thinking about seeing a specialist please do your homework instead of just trusting your dr.to do it for you.When I finally started talking to other patients I realized that Dr. Son was doing nothing more than running a Suboxone Clinic which is really no different than a Methadone Clinic to my understanding. So, unless this is what you are looking for please do your research so that you don't waste valuable time with bad results.

|  At your own risk. Do your own thorough investigation  |  show details
by Ks on Jul 29th, 2010

Unprofessional, started medical procedure with no explanation. Did not do half the requests of referring M.D.Even after dicussion prescribed RX with too much Tylenol for my G.I.tract. NO follow-up. Could not get a copy of her findings. Staff off-task and rude at times. Lack of basic equipment,supplies, and uncertain sanitary practice were serious concerns.

|  Patient  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2009

She and her staff her wonderfull They saved my life I was addicted to opiates for 7 years and was treated like a normal person not a addict. She put me on a suboxone treament plan, Thanks Kristy & DR.Son. Crystal