Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Not happy  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2014

I went to see this doctor with a chronic, on going problem. He examined me briefly and told me what it "might" be, and to come back in 6 weeks and he would examine me again. I went out of there in as much pain as I was when I went in, and with no diagnosis or medicine of any kind. I was feeling very unwell and so went back before the 6 weeks were over. Again he examined me briefly and told me to come back in 6 weeks and he would do a biopsy to check for cancer. I said, "If I have cancer I want to know now. 2 of my siblings developed cancer at my age." But he said no, wait the 6 weeks. So I left again, still in pain and with no diagnosis or medicine, only this time I had a possible cancer diagnosis hanging over my head. That weekend a covering doctor called and told me my urinalysis showed a bladder infection. He gave me an antibiotic and said to get retested when I finished it to make sure the infection was gone. When I finished it I called Dr. Amrute's office and spoke to his assistant. I gave her the exact location and phone number of the lab I would be going to to be retested. She assured me she got it straight and to go that very day to get it done, as she was sending the order over now. I went to the lab that afternoon on my way to work and found out no order for a urinalysis had been sent. Nothing had been sent to them at all. I then called the doctor's office and they told me they had no idea what I was talking about. They also said there is no such lab as the one I was talking about, which I found to be unusual, because I was standing in that lab at the time. I guess they must never have heard of Quest Lab. There's about 100 of them in Connecticut, so I don't know how this can be. Also I had given the assistant all the info on how to contact the lab that morning and she told me she got it. I guess not! I then told Dr. Amrute's receptionist that I would not be coming back there ever again. I'm going back to a doctor I have seen previously, one who will give me the proper care I need.

|  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

Dr. Amrute is very professional and competent. I had a hysterectomy and was treated very well. My case was not easy since my fibroids were very large and I did not accept blood as a treatment. Thankfully he knew what he was doing!