Internists, Pediatrician
1370 E Venice Ave
Ste 202
Venice, FL 34285
941-480-0500
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  Follow up  |  show details
by Lisa Eastes on Mar 25th, 2014

No return phone calls from this office. Always get voice mail. I have left two messages, first on 2-10-14 and another weeks after. Called regarding upcoming appt and the need to cancel and reschedule . As of today, 2-25-14, no answer back from office.

|  Beware  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Johnson thinks he is a specialist and can handle any problem or disease. He won't make appropriate referrels when needed. Very full of himself and thinks he is something more than a PCP in little Venice, Florida. BTW, he sold out his practice so he is now an employee of the same company that owns Venice Hosptial. Office staff is abrasive. Nearly impossible to get results of testing. Call to check on tests and his office gives you a phone tree and says to leave a message and they will call you back in 48 hours!!! You can find better elseware.

|  A Decade of Excellence  |  show details
by Kevin Burns on Apr 8th, 2013

I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Johnson's patient for over a decade. I do not give my opinion often but in this case I must share how Dr. Johnson has helped my family. If it were not for Doctor Johnson my father would not be with us still. Dr. Johnson was the only doctor who could identify my mother's illness after we almost gave up hope. My children have grown up with Doctor Johnson, and his staff, and I can rest assured the kids are in excellent hands. If you read this Keith - "a heartfelt thanks Doc". PS Nice Photo.

by Linda Mackey on Feb 25th, 2013

What a caring great MD,trusted easy to talk to! Thanks Dr. J,; Linda L. Mackey, 1324 Cambridge Drive, Venice Fl.

Jan 22nd, 2013

Dr johnson is an arrogant condescending so-called physician. His bed side manner is pathetic and needs A LOT of work, maybe going back to school might help. He "thinks" he is a specialist and practices outside the scope of his practice. Don't be fooled by this man, stay away! He is someone that is very incompetent.

|  Dr. Johnson is always there for us.  |  show details
by Joan McMahon on May 30th, 2011

Dr. Johnson has been our family physician for 17 years. We trust and appreciate him very much.

|  # ONE Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

Dr. Johnson is one of the best Doctors I have ever had to visit!

|  Doctor good, office needs work  |  show details
by John on Jan 11th, 2010

Medical records are maintained the same as back in the days of Abe Lincoln maybe even George Washington on paper, in folders. Searching through stacks of paper is time-consuming, inefficient and prone to errors. Patient billing isnt in paper files and neither should be medical files. Its been said that the two minimum requirements currently of doctors is that they be board certified and utilize computerized medical records.

|  He saved my sons life  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2009

I have been to many docotrs over the years and Dr. Johnson really is one of the people who care. While some people may complain about "expensive tests" that he may order, these tests are for him to properly diagnose a problem. My son who had been seen by a differnt doctor since birth had been complaining for months about headaches. After several trips to the other doctor we were continually told that it was a virus. The problem was that the other doctor was so concerned about running "unessessary tests" that he ran none!!!! On the third visit I finally demanded at CT scan of my sons head to at least make sure there wasn't a serious problem. That evening I got a phone call from a very audibly upset doctor stating that my son did in fact have a very bad problem. The CT scan showed a massive tumor. Even after seeing the basebal size tumor (compressing the ventricles in his head) he still only "referred" us to All Childrens for an appointment 5 days later. I went to Dr. Johnson for a second opionon just 14 hours after hearing the awful news. Dr. Johnson took his own time to review the scans before my visit and had already got the ball in motion to save my son. He told me of the urgency to get my son into immediate care and within hours my son was admitted to All Childrens and was recieving the proper medicines to prevent him from having seizures. Two days after admitance he was operated on and was dianosed with a very rare and malignant brain tumor.I shudder to think what may have happened if Dr. Johnson did not act as swiftly as he did. Although this was his first time meeing us, he acted like a friend or extended family member. I owe him everything. He save my sons life. Thank you Dr. JohnsonSincerly, Karla Small Venice, Fl

by Heidi Fraley on May 25th, 2009

Most caring, brilliant, and wonderful doctor I've ever encountered

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2008

I work in the medical field and have never dealt with a physcian as brillant as him. He has a terrific bedside manner , very knowledgable, patient and actually listens to his patients! The staff is just as wonderful :)