Internist

3.0

An elitist snob show details An elitist snob
Jul 27th, 2015

I brought my mother to him for help with beating cancer through diet and alternative therapies. She followed his instructions to the letter. At a follow-up appointment one month later, it turned out he had her confused with another patient, and was calling her by the wrong name. My mother was devastated, and turned against his advice. She died six months later.

Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma show details Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma
by John S Strauss on Jul 11th, 2013

When I was 47 years old, I was operated on for Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma. It was the fall of 1991. Everyone that I met with the same condition at that time has died a long time ago. I am here today (2013) because of the hope and treatment, which I received from Dr. Block. There is no doubt in my mind that this condition would have caused my death many years ago, if I had not had the great fortune to know someone, who knew Dr. Block and told me to make an appointment. It turned out to be the most important appointment I ever made. While the oncologists, including a few at the University of Chicago, had predicted a short life - I wasn't expected to see my 50th birthday, Dr. Block gave me HOPE. I took his advice, changed my eating, exercise, consumed his supplements and today, 23 years later, I am in good health and looking forward to being witness to my grandchildren's milestones. He gave me hope and I left our first meeting feeling that he genuinely cared and wanted to help. Of course, I had to do the work but it sure helps to know that what you are doing can have some pretty awesome results. He saved my life - what more can some one ask from a doctor? The gift of life cannot be measured by any rating scale! If you have cancer - make an appointment..today!!

Oct 4th, 2011

Receptionist seemed clueless and very high turnover of staff points to a problem. Block himself and wife are good. Dietician bright.

Jul 18th, 2011

I stopped my treatment at this clinic months ago. I had enough frustration trying to communicate with them in an effective and timely manner. They are disorganized & chaotic. This has been a chronic problem during my time as a patient and there is always an excuse. I think it's all about "show" and unfortunately, the money. No one takes responsibility, no one seems to care about the lack of professionalism. There is a revolving door of care-givers. This clinic fails miserably in delivering quality care. I strongly recommend you find ANY other integrative cancer care center. Stay away from here.

The Block Center is the best place to go for cancer treatment show details The Block Center is the best place to go for cancer treatment
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr Block has build a solid medical practice in providing an integrative (conventional plus alternative) medical approach to cancer. Many of his patients far surpass the "average" cancer life span, especially for advanced cancer. I don't know where some of these other reviewers are coming from; he does not perform surgery, and the office is very inviting - it sure beats the row of chemo chairs at conventional oncology practices!

Apr 16th, 2009