3.0

Phone Consultation show details Phone Consultation
by Julie Lynn on Aug 12th, 2016

I had such great compassionate care over the phone when I called from across the country for a second opinion that I am going to see the Bock Center in person. I was disappointed to see the negative reviews and sincerely hope they are not the norm. Where I live there is no such thing as integrative cancer center and the closest place Cancer Centers of America would have nothing to do with me because of my insurance. Nobody else would even talk to me in my hometown much less over the phone to offer an alternative to what my oncologist was giving me which was the standard we want to keep Stage 4 at bay but you will never be in remission--basically. You take warm and fuzzy (meaning not infusion chemo) drugs and deal with those side effects, wait for it to quit working, and go on to the next one paid by your insurance, and the next until there is nothing left. I sincerely believe I can beat this and am hopeful the Block Center will help me. If nothing else, I now have HOPE. My ratings are somewhat skewed as my appointment was over the phone. I was warned the wait might me awhile as it is unclear with every phone consult how long it will take, but the staff kept me informed, and Dr. Block apologized and said he was reviewing my files which took awhile too (nobody reviews my files because there is so much there) so I was glad to wait until he was on point.

Brilliant Doctor show details Brilliant Doctor
Jan 15th, 2016

Dr. Block is compassionate, empathetic, brilliant, knowledgeable, on the cutting edge, and trustworthy. Couldn't ask for a better Doctor. I recommend all cancer patients go see him. He can help tremendously, and there's no better way to go through chemo than at the Block center where there's organic tea, healthy snacks, restorative yoga with the nicest instructor, massages, light exercise options, etc. Dr. Block has consistently given us "outside the box" options and advice and has helped tremendously in my fiancés cancer treatment. I am so thankful we found the block center.

Dec 28th, 2015

He was not hurried and answered every question. He really cared and tailored a program just for me. That was 9 years ago and I am luckily cancer free today

Greatest Treatment Center on Earth show details Greatest Treatment Center on Earth
by Susan Schadick on Oct 29th, 2015

Fun with Chemo. If you need to have treatment for Cancer, go to the Block Center Integrative Cancer Treatment in Skokie IL. I actually had fun while receiving Chemo. Do you know anyone that can say that? My treatments included a message, exercise with an exercise physiologist, sampling healthy food from the eating lifestyle I was given and group exercise & breathing class. That really makes the time go by faster. My treatment consisted of the best of both worlds. Traditional chemo and alternative Fit for Life eating lifestyle , supplements and exercise programs. All of me was treated even though I only had cancer in my one breast. The doctors were so positive and supportive. My treatment was tailored to me and it was obvious to notice that. Eating the Fit for Life way made me full of energy and I lost all my extra fat. I never felt better in my life. When Dr. Block saw me, he was never in a rush and I felt that he truly cared that I was getting better and maintaining good health. I could not imagine being treated anywhere else. I want to scream on top of buildings to let everyone with a cancer diagnosis know that they need to be treated here to have the best chance of survival and no recurrence.

An elitist snob show details An elitist snob
Jul 27th, 2015

I brought my mother to him for help with beating cancer through diet and alternative therapies. She followed his instructions to the letter. At a follow-up appointment one month later, it turned out he had her confused with another patient, and was calling her by the wrong name. My mother was devastated, and turned against his advice. She died six months later.

Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma show details Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma
by John S Strauss on Jul 11th, 2013

When I was 47 years old, I was operated on for Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma. It was the fall of 1991. Everyone that I met with the same condition at that time has died a long time ago. I am here today (2013) because of the hope and treatment, which I received from Dr. Block. There is no doubt in my mind that this condition would have caused my death many years ago, if I had not had the great fortune to know someone, who knew Dr. Block and told me to make an appointment. It turned out to be the most important appointment I ever made. While the oncologists, including a few at the University of Chicago, had predicted a short life - I wasn't expected to see my 50th birthday, Dr. Block gave me HOPE. I took his advice, changed my eating, exercise, consumed his supplements and today, 23 years later, I am in good health and looking forward to being witness to my grandchildren's milestones. He gave me hope and I left our first meeting feeling that he genuinely cared and wanted to help. Of course, I had to do the work but it sure helps to know that what you are doing can have some pretty awesome results. He saved my life - what more can some one ask from a doctor? The gift of life cannot be measured by any rating scale! If you have cancer - make an appointment..today!!

Oct 4th, 2011

Receptionist seemed clueless and very high turnover of staff points to a problem. Block himself and wife are good. Dietician bright.

Jul 18th, 2011

I stopped my treatment at this clinic months ago. I had enough frustration trying to communicate with them in an effective and timely manner. They are disorganized & chaotic. This has been a chronic problem during my time as a patient and there is always an excuse. I think it's all about "show" and unfortunately, the money. No one takes responsibility, no one seems to care about the lack of professionalism. There is a revolving door of care-givers. This clinic fails miserably in delivering quality care. I strongly recommend you find ANY other integrative cancer care center. Stay away from here.

The Block Center is the best place to go for cancer treatment show details The Block Center is the best place to go for cancer treatment
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr Block has build a solid medical practice in providing an integrative (conventional plus alternative) medical approach to cancer. Many of his patients far surpass the "average" cancer life span, especially for advanced cancer. I don't know where some of these other reviewers are coming from; he does not perform surgery, and the office is very inviting - it sure beats the row of chemo chairs at conventional oncology practices!

Apr 16th, 2009