Internists

5320 Old Orchard Rd Fl 3
Skokie, IL 60077
847-492-3040
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma  |  show details
by John S Strauss on Jul 11th, 2013

When I was 47 years old, I was operated on for Metastatic Stage 4 Malignant Melanoma. It was the fall of 1991. Everyone that I met with the same condition at that time has died a long time ago. I am here today (2013) because of the hope and treatment, which I received from Dr. Block. There is no doubt in my mind that this condition would have caused my death many years ago, if I had not had the great fortune to know someone, who knew Dr. Block and told me to make an appointment. It turned out to be the most important appointment I ever made. While the oncologists, including a few at the University of Chicago, had predicted a short life - I wasn't expected to see my 50th birthday, Dr. Block gave me HOPE. I took his advice, changed my eating, exercise, consumed his supplements and today, 23 years later, I am in good health and looking forward to being witness to my grandchildren's milestones. He gave me hope and I left our first meeting feeling that he genuinely cared and wanted to help. Of course, I had to do the work but it sure helps to know that what you are doing can have some pretty awesome results. He saved my life - what more can some one ask from a doctor? The gift of life cannot be measured by any rating scale! If you have cancer - make an appointment..today!!

Oct 4th, 2011

Receptionist seemed clueless and very high turnover of staff points to a problem. Block himself and wife are good. Dietician bright.

Jul 18th, 2011

I stopped my treatment at this clinic months ago. I had enough frustration trying to communicate with them in an effective and timely manner. They are disorganized & chaotic. This has been a chronic problem during my time as a patient and there is always an excuse. I think it's all about "show" and unfortunately, the money. No one takes responsibility, no one seems to care about the lack of professionalism. There is a revolving door of care-givers. This clinic fails miserably in delivering quality care. I strongly recommend you find ANY other integrative cancer care center. Stay away from here.

|  The Block Center is the best place to go for cancer treatment  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr Block has build a solid medical practice in providing an integrative (conventional plus alternative) medical approach to cancer. Many of his patients far surpass the "average" cancer life span, especially for advanced cancer. I don't know where some of these other reviewers are coming from; he does not perform surgery, and the office is very inviting - it sure beats the row of chemo chairs at conventional oncology practices!

Apr 16th, 2009

by anonymous on Apr 1st, 2009

Dr. Block is basically an unqualified quack who gives cancer patients false hope. In my experience he found the weak emotional link and pursued that angle. He gives hope where there is none, performs questionable surgeries and is a showman who gives the impression of having giving his all. While my daughter was a patient, I was taken aside by a young doctor who was assisting and basically told that the procedures being recommended and performed were a waste of time and money

|  Quack!!!  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2008

There is no record of Dr. Block having any legitimate clinical training in oncology, hemotlogy or nutrtion or any Board Certifications. If you or a loved one has cancer seek care from a Board Certified Physician. It is a matter of life and dealth.

Jul 8th, 2008

Dr. Block is not a medical oncologist