Dr. Keith Cooper DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Janesville, WI

July 14th, 2016
No notification
I thought Dr. Cooper was a very good doctor but I was disappointed when I tried to make an appointment with him and found that his number had been disconnected. I had an accident and needed an immediate referral for therapy from my accident. Getting into a new doctor as a new patient takes 30 plus days and sometimes up to 3 months. I finally found a therapy business that would take me for 33 days without a referral and I was able to find a new doctor. This did delay me being able to get the help I needed when I needed it. Had I known that Dr. Cooper was no longer in practice I would have already had a PCP. He left all of us in a lurch......how hard would it have been to send out an email or a letter to all of his patients?? Sad ending to a good relationship with him. He was not there when I really needed him.

June 30th, 2016
Some patients were happy with him-that's great. But after several years we found him to be a real quack, a pill pusher, to have questionable ethics and morals, and both him and the staff made medication and charting errors ...both type of med and dosages!! It's a wonder no one died!! We didn't get a notice he was quitting but we are glad he's GONE!

March 13th, 2016
Best Doctor in Evansville Indiana
Sad that we lost one of the finest doctors in the Evansville area. He will be dearly missed. I as a patient was always pleased with him as my physician. He didn't betray anyone by leaving Evansville. He is just a human being and needed to go and do something else in a different state. People leave their jobs and go elsewhere everyday. All of you out there that are saying nasty terrible things about such a great doctor should get a life and stop trying to make this doctors life miserable. Grow up and go get another doctor, as your life won't end just because this doctor is leaving Evansville area. He has a right to leave and he didn't desert anyone as he was there for 30 days after he closed so people like myself could acquire our medical records and last minute prescriptions. You will be very much missed Dr. Cooper!

March 5th, 2016
The best doctor I ever had. Wish he was still there.

February 23rd, 2016
I'll miss him.
He has been my physician for about 10 years. I was devastated when I got a letter from his office saying he was closing his doors. He saw me at my best and at my worst both mentally and physically. I liked him so much that just over a year ago, I started taking my teenage son to him as well. Appointments were always easy, everyone was always helpful and kind. I don't think I will ever find a better physician than Dr. Cooper.

February 11th, 2016
Dr. Cooper has always been a very compassionate doctor and cares about his patients. He has been my doctor since 2001 and I'm very pleased with him. Something must have happened very quickly for him to close his doors like this. My son had an appointment at 4:30 the day he closed his doors. it was because of the grain truck wreck on I-69 and he had to detour which made him late. It wasn't like Dr. Cooper to just close because of being late. I think something very drastic happened for him not to notify anyone of this closing. By me being sick I was also trying to get in to see him. He's an excellent doctor. I would go back in a heartbeat. I don't want to have to start over with someone I don't know.

February 8th, 2016
UNHAPPY CAMPER
Dr. Cooper closed his office after being a patient for 10 years. No notice just shut his doors. I'm so disappointed in him. You think he would care more. I feel bad for all the hundreds of patients caught off guard. I hope I can get my medical records.

January 27th, 2016
This is the best doctors office I have ever been to! Love all of the staff and their friendliness.

January 26th, 2016
Dr. Coopers the best!!!!
I doctored with Dr. Cooper over the years. Left for a while do to a move! Decided he was worth the drive to continue with him as my Dr! He takes time and genuinely cares!

August 8th, 2013
Would not recommend this DOCTOR!!!!!
I would not recommend this Doctor, He yells at his patients for using St. Mary's hospital for emergency care when he has never had an issue before, I know he only goes to Deaconess but when he is unavailable to reach or on vacation I had to go where my Insurance covered, He yells at Patients for money owed when I already had a payment arrangement set up with his office staff. He has really changed since his motorcycle wreck, I will not be going back to him.

September 14th, 2012
I trusted him once, but no more
Seven years ago, this man loaded me up on medications immediately when I came in for followup after being diagnosed elsewhere with a bit of arthritis. I trusted him to advise me on the best course of action for the long run. I should have known there was something wrong when the first thing he said to me, with a smile on his face, was "Do you believe all the warnings about the side affects of drugs?" Three years ago I began to notice lower body pains after walking for two hour stretches. Although I'd had hip x-rays done that did not show any signs of arthritis, he diagnosed this as "generalized arthritis." I continued to tell him over the next few years of this pain during and after walking - he said I was already at the highest dose of nsaid that I could safely take. In my mid 50's I felt like an unhealthy 80 year-old. About a year ago, I started researching the drugs I had been taking for the past six years. Oh the things I learned. I felt like such a fool, just blindly trusting this man. I have currently weaned myself off the drug that was causing the -- muscle damage -- that I was experiencing for all this time. It was rough, but I feel like I am getting my legs back a little bit more every day. My blood tests indicate that the dead muscle tissue is no longer overloading my kidneys causing my kidney function to decline. I charted my all lab tests and for the past two years there is evidence that my kidneys were not functioning properly and I have to wonder why he did not see this pattern as it was developing! It was clear that the elevated creatinine in my blood was the culprit. Three weeks after stopping the medication, both kidney function and creatinine returned to normal. My goal now his to get off the rest of the poison he has prescribed. Two more to go and then he is gone!

August 5th, 2012
Great Doctor & taff
The staff is great & are down to earth. All will share their own stories & such. My mother & I both see Dr. Cooper & would recommend him to all.