Dr. Keith Ellis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

January 19th, 2016
If I could have rated 0 stars I would have. Hard to get an appointment, even after hospital discharge orders require. This is for a patient who has been seeing him 10-15 years. Disappointing. Staff issues as well. Not confident in current care.

March 12th, 2013
Used to be good, not so great now
I have seen Dr. Ellis for many years (probably over 10). Most of my appointments have been physicals (I like being healthy) and only a few over the years with other things that required minor Rx (antibiotics). Those appointments were great and he was pleasant. The latest appointments over the past few years I've noticed his bedside manner lacking (I think he may be slightly moody). The last one, he looked me over (was very quiet) and left the room saying he'd be back. A nurse came in with the Rx and didn't even explain the issue he diagnosed me with. I had to read on mymercy.net what he diagnosed! My issues have not been serious --but I still want a caring provider. He's not showing me that he would be the one I would want as my advocate should something very serious happen with my health. You have to ask yourself that very question when you are healthy. Establish a good relationship with a provider who is going to be your best advocate . So, I am on the search for a better provider.

April 2nd, 2011
Appears to be a very knowledgable physician, and listens carefully. Dont let the electronic medical record that he is working on distract you. He really is listening to you. Ask him questions and you will see.

February 2nd, 2011
Took time. Most of all listened to me.

May 12th, 2010
Dr. Ellis was extremely professional and an excellent doctor. His staff is caring and always very nice and responsive. Glad he is my doctor!