inactive

• Bad

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 15th, 2013
Retired Deputy Fire Chief
Back in 1996 I blew out my Mitra Valve and was treated by my local Dr. in Hayward, CA. I was referred to Dr. Flachsbart for open heart surgery. Because the valve was in such bad shape, my PMD felt I'd need a replacement valve which would have ended my career in the fire service. When I met Dr. Flachsbart the day before surgery, I told him I was fearful about the mechanical valve. He put my mind at ease and told me that if anyone could repair the valve, it would be him, but no promises. I was so sick the day before surgery, and having him as my doctor, with his wonderful personality, I was at ease. All I asked him, was that when I came out of surgery and was conscious, I wanted him to tell me, "I replaced your valve or I'm going back to work" Needless to say, he had the biggest smile on his face when I woke up. My outcome was fantastic and he did repair the valve as difficult as it was. I'm now 58 and living well thanks to Dr. Flachsbart. I found him to be the most competent and compassionate physician that I have ever encountered. Being that I managed a paramedic program for a big fire department, I knew a lot of doctors. I'm writing this now since I've found this site and just wanted to express my gratitude for having the good fortune of having him as my surgeon. If it wasn't for him, I don't think my life would have turned out as good as it has.