Dr. Keith Heller MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery New York, NY

July 21st, 2013
Dr. Heller is a Blessing
Five years after my surgery, I still am so grateful for Dr. Keith Heller. He immediately put me at ease about my thyroid cancer (he explained all facts in layman's terms), My incision is virtually undetectable. His follow-up visits were always reassuring. Simply put: Dr. Heller is one of the very best! And equally important, he is very pleasant and compassionate. Weeks after my surgery, I had a question (something that I had read on my report which concerned me). I called my endocrinologist (and never received a call-back from him). Because I was so anxious, I called Dr. Heller's office. Dr. Heller not only called me back, but he explained everything so clearly; he further assured me that I could call him if I had any other concerns. He was truly a blessing during a very difficult time in my life. I have recommended him to others, and they have all had excellent experiences with him. God bless you, Dr. Heller.

March 24th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Heller is the best.....

June 27th, 2012
Gem of a person and doctor
Dr. Heller is an excellent surgeon and doctor. He truly has golden hands. He operated on me for my thyroid nodule, which was so large in size that it was almost impossible to save the thyroid. But the gem of a surgeon that Dr. Heller is, he not only removed my nodule, but also saved part of my thyroid. I am so thankful to him and appreciate him a lot. I feel fortunate to have been referred to him. His assistant, Lizabeth King is a true asset for Dr. Heller's team. She takes time to individually study all the cases and also tries her level best to help the patients, to the best she can.Excellent team...

September 23rd, 2011
excellent caring doctor
.......I found Dr Heller to be very professional, very caring, informative and overall very respectful to me as a patient. I had a total thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy at NYU Langome Medical Center and found Dr. Heller and his team to be excellent. i was very fortunate to not have cancer and I am very grateful for that. ahis office staff ar very professional and always very helpful. Ms. Lisabeth King, the PA in his office is excellent and very knowledgable and I am very confident in her abilities. She also responds very quickly when you have a question or a problem. Excellent expierence with this surgeon and his team.

June 13th, 2011
my wife made the appointment so i don't know how that went, but he wouldnt answer any questions and wanted us to seek a second opinion. He told me that my questions were inane, which I'm sure they were, but! What kind of post op care did I think my wife would get from this guy? I wouldn't let him touch her with a Q tip.

September 22nd, 2010
A Wonderful Doctor
When I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, I was looking at my 12 month old daughter and couldn't believe what I was hearing. I live in New Jersey and had consultations with several doctors and surgeons. None of them made me feel at ease. I made an appointment to speak with Dr. Heller and from the minute I met him, his calm and professional mannerisms made me realize that this is what I wanted in a doctor for what I thought was such a terrible time in my life. I set up an appointment for the surgery after the consultation and 3 weeks later I was cancer free. Now I have the opportunity to go into NYC 2 times per year and get my check-ups with Dr. Heller. His staff members Michelle and Liz are wonderful and very helpful. I have recommended Dr. Heller to a family friend and would do it over and over again.

August 17th, 2010
Dr. Keith Heller is a superior doctor and surgeon. He is exact and precise in his diagnosis and his surgery. I highly recommend him.

June 4th, 2010
A great surgeon with golden hands. Needs to work on his bedside manner.

March 3rd, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Excellent surgeon. He operated on me several years ago and handles all my follow up treatment. I would highly recomend him. My only negative is with his office receptionist all the rest of his staff have always been great. When I call his office he will always return my call, sometimes hours later but he does return the call which is more than many doctors will do.

October 8th, 2009
i have never seen bad attitude like him before of my life, he is refusing to follow up the patient, refusing even to speak to him, i don't even think he is qualify to be not even a doctor and for sure not head surgeon