Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Worst Experience I've had!! show details Worst Experience I've had!!
by Katelin P on Feb 26th, 2016

I had been going to this doctor for my prenatal appointments for about 3 or 4 months. Each appointment was a terrible experience. I dreaded going into the office for anything! For starters, when he scheduled my first ultrasound, I was not informed that my insurance did not cover in-office ultrasounds. I called and spoke with a nurse the Friday before to update my insurance information and nothing was ever said about having to go somewhere completely different. Monday rolls around and I go in for my appointment, the nurse tells me to pay the $250 for the ultrasound or to go home and call back to schedule one with the correct location. I ended up paying the price just to get it over with and not have to deal with the receptionist (which are always horrible!) As most know, you drink 18ish ozs of water an hour before you go, so it's expected to get in quickly so you're not miserable. After I argued with the receptionist about the ultrasound inconvenience, she did not put my paperwork in line for the ultrasound specialist. I waited AN HOUR for a 2 minute ultrasound with a full bladder in absolute agony. I had to ask how much longer I had to wait before anyone had even realized I was still waiting and that my paperwork was never filed. My most recent appointment was to discuss my birthing plan. I wanted things such as HEP lock, intermittent monitoring, light food/water, etc. . .After bringing up each topic Dr. Hewitt expressed to me that each thing would either cause me or my baby to die in the process of labor. Of course I'm already in awe because I'm self educated on everything I brought to the table and he sounded absolutely absurd! I felt like I was fighting with a 12 year old rather than talking with a trained professional. Each time I attempted to talk, I was interrupted. At the end of my appointment, he said to me "You know Katelin, we can do these things but I don't want you to blame me afterwards if you or your baby dies." I switched doctors the same week at 20 weeks pregnant. HORRIBLE DOCTOR AND HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Would have 0 stars if I could give 0.

Feb 19th, 2015

Was told he'd call me with results. He never did.

by Teresa on Jan 28th, 2015

Worst visit ever!! If I could it would be 0 stars.. I am 29 years old I have a 9 year old daughter and been in a relationship for 6 years we have been trying to conceive so I scheduled an appt today with dr hewitt, drove 40 mins and waited 30 mins to be seen, he then tells me he cant help me because im not married, and maybe god is trying to tell me something...sure do wish the appt setter would of told me his beliefs when I scheduled and told her what I was seeing him for..oh and he charged me $80 for the unsuccessful, prejudice, discriminating visit.

Best doctor show details Best doctor
Apr 7th, 2014

I say go to him my wife said he was the best in town

Getting worse show details Getting worse
May 16th, 2013

I saw Dr. Hewitt for the first time in May 2012 and liked him a lot. But I just saw him again today and it seems as if he is no longer taking time for his patients. I waited over an hour in the room before he came in to do a 30 second exam and got up and left. He didn't discuss anything with me or tell me anything about my exam. I will be switching doctors.

Would give a 10 Star for bedside manner show details Would give a 10 Star for bedside manner
Jun 7th, 2012

Started seeing Dr. Hewitt 1992, First thought very kind man. 1994 pregnancy found baby had no heart beat, I was of course crushed. Dr Hewitt scheduled DNC for next day to get it over with. When I was laying on operating table he came to my side, waited for me to go to sleep before he stepped away. Last thing I saw was his smiling face, he has been so good to me. Will continue to use him as my Dr.

Very Informative show details Very Informative
Jan 27th, 2011

I started seeing Dr Hewitt after another Dr in his practice left. He was the new OB/GYN in town and I figured being fresh out of medical school that he may be able to help me with my endometriosis and adhesion's from previous lap surgeries... WOW..... He helped me so much and I have been going to him ever since... I had to have emergency surgery for something else and they found my ovaries were severely cystic and needed removing immediately. They called Dr. Hewitt and he came right to the hospital and did the surgery on me even though he wasn't on call. I think that says a lot for his care and compassion..

So thankful for him! show details So thankful for him!
Jan 7th, 2011

I started seeing him when I was 18, 11 years. I have severe PCOS and thought I may never have children but I am due to have my 5th child in a week. We lost our first due to her having Poly Cystic Kidneys but so far the rest have been perfectly healthy and I truly believe that the Lord sent me to Dr. Hewitt because he has always been very patient and kind thru everything but has always been on the top of the newest and best treatments I do believe if it not for him and his knowledge I would not have my children. I drive an hour out just to see him because there is not another Dr I trust more. I love his nurses, never have a long wait. I believe he always gives me his undivided attention while he is in with me. Totaly a great Dr. and Nursing Staff :)

Sep 8th, 2009

Dr. Hewitt delivered my child and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. Best in Bowling Green if you ask me!