Dr. L Simmons DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 24th, 2012
Keeping appointments.
I was reffered by my DR. to see Dr. Simmons, after getting a letter in the mail with my Appt. date and time I put in for time off at my work so I could make the Appt. a few days before my Appt. i recieved a letter in the mail where they was CX my appt. so they sent me a new appt. date and time. I changed my dates off at work and then a few days before this appt they sent me yet another letter saying they was CX this appt also. Now keep in mind my DR. wanted me to see him ASAP i am a 24 year old mother of 2 small children, i keep getting very dizzy light headed, palpations and near syncopy, sometime with syncopy. I can not tell when one of these spells are going to hit they are come all of a suddden, I drive 30 miles each day to work with my 2 children with me. Finally after 3 CX appts. and 2 Months later i get into see him. When i got to my appt. i was in there and out before my acutally schulded appt. time. That was nice but it was them actually keeping the appt after they are made...

February 7th, 2012
His nurse needs a lesson on courtesy.

January 18th, 2012
staff and doctor
this was the worst experience i ever had was treated like i was a problem instead of a patient. he came in the room no how are you anything was very rude i had a mild stroke weak on right side and and all he did sat down and said i was lazy !!! .. and he wanted to do a 3 day eeg this was dec 1 and after repeated calls from us and my own doctors office .. they waited over a month to refer me now i have a huge new deductible and all they tell me is they cant help it they waited so long my doc office said should never take a month to do a refferal not a good experience they set up a appointment and didn't even contact me and knowing cant afford it...stay away if you can

July 25th, 2011
Dr Simmons has always addressed my issues with an open mind, listening to my input. He has taken excellent care of me through the years and I feel very safe in his hands. He has an excellent staff that makes my visits comfortable.

December 8th, 2010
Getting in to see Dr. Simmons for my first visit was difficult and I had to wait several weeks, but once I saw him I understood why. I've never had a doctor who took so much time to explain why certain tests were being ordered and why he suspected the condition that he was testing for. He has made me feel like a partner in my health care through every step of the process.

December 8th, 2009
Dr. Simmons seemed hurried; did not take time to properly introduce himself especially since it was my first visit. His nurse did not bother to even introduce herself. My first impression was poor and I feel uptight about having to go back.

September 10th, 2009
Amazing Doctor, took time to listen
I really appreciate Dr. Simmons and his staff. He is very caring, he listens, takes care of me, goes over in detail my old records and new records .. works with me on my medications to make sure they are actually helping and the right dose, and sends updates to my primary care doctor. Great doc. NO PROBLEMS with him!