Overall Review

3.3

February 17th, 2016
Nice but rushed....
Sadly, I think I'll be switching from this doctor. He never spends any time with me, and when I asks questions about my healthcare, he seems to brush them off because I'm "too healthy/young". I understand he is caring for many women with emergency situations, but he constantly feels rushed and not overly-concerned. As my only medical appointment I have annually, I expect more out of a wellness exam.... Bye bye

January 25th, 2016
Read this first and then you decide.
I first went to Omega Ob-Gyn in 2011. I transferred from another large city. I was given an appointment with Dr. Storts because I was a high risk pregnancy. I can say that at the time, I felt like I was receiving average treatment. I can say that he is not very sensitive to his patients concerns. He us very rushed, and he does speak very determinedly. His nurse Rene, I thought was nice, at the time. I delivered very early @ 32 weeks gestation. He did NOT show up to deliver my baby. His colleague, Dr. Steven Seligman was on call that day, whom I liked very much. He made me feel comfortable & he did a magnificent job of delivering my baby! In hindsight, I truly should've chosen Dr. Seligman to deliver my second baby born a year and a half later. The only reason that I did not go with Dr. Seligman the second time was that I felt intimidated to change to another doctor in the same practice. The second pregnancy was just as difficult and I delivered even earlier @ 31 weeks. This time Dr. Storts delivered via my first ever cesarean section. I was in full blown labor when I arrived at the hospital and dilated to 6. When Dr. Storts came in he gave me some medication to stop the contractions, but it did not work. I progressed quickly and dilated to 10. He then took a sonogram and said that the baby was breach. He needed to perform an emergency c-section. I was terrified! I do want to give credit to the anesthesiologist at the hospital, who was absolutely amazing. He was kind, and very professional and precise. I thought that all had went well with the surgery, but after delivery I developed a severe infection at my surgery site. I went back to his office and he observed my wound and said that it would need to be opened and drained. He asked me to lie down on the examination bed and proceeded, with his nurse present, to take a long wooden q-tip and RIPPED MY ENTIRE INCISION OPEN! THANKFULLY, I was already lying down, because I probably would've fainted. I had just taken my pain medication prior to going in to see him (due to having fever and flaring pain from the infection) but it still hurt when he did that. I did not know this at the time, but wounds that size are typically treated with something called a wound vac to drain all of the excess fluid/pus from the wound. He did NOT use one. It is truly a miracle that I did not develop sepsis and turn gravely ill. It took me around four months for my incision to completely close. It was an absolutely wretched ordeal to say the least. Needless to say, I did not want to ever see this doctor again. I was expecting my last child this past year, and went in to Omega get a sonogram done and to ask if I could get transferred to another doctor. (I had prayed and found a wonderful doctor who specializes in high risk pregnancy but who would only take you in by referral from your primary ob). I dreaded having to go in and see this doctor again and put it off as long as possible. After getting my sonogram and blood work done, I asked his nurse Rene to speak to Dr. Storts about getting a referral to another doctor. She completely shocked me (she had always been nice to me before) by getting very upset about me asking to transfer to another doctor. She asked me why he should even see me if I was going to go to another doctor? She said that he would probably not give me the referral! I remained calm and explained to her that this doctor was located closer to me. That did not make a difference. She went to his office and I could loudly hear her angrily explain the situation. I was so nervous, that I cried. He reluctantly came out of his office to speak to me and told me that my records would be transferred. Praise God! I left and never looked back. My husband says that I should've filed a complaint for emotional distress! I have yet to do that.

November 20th, 2015
patient
Dr storts did my emergency ectopic pregnancy surgery and he was beyond awesomr.he did my ultrasound and andwered all my questions,waited for my husband also and answered all questions.he was very proffrsional and intelligent.i will recommend him any day

June 12th, 2015
The best OB I've ever had
Dr. Storts delivered my son in 2009. He fought to keep him in uterine as long as he could, and then delivered him at 10:30 at night. He visited me everyday and made sure to help calm my fears - for the 5 weeks o was on hospitalized bed rest

February 22nd, 2015
Poor attitude and terrible personal interaction with patients.

October 26th, 2014
Good doctor but bad bedside manners
Dr Storts is a very professional and intelligent doctor. But his bedside manners aren't very good. My visits with him always feel rushed cause I'm sure he has a lot of other patients. But he doesn't take the time to talk to me or to answer my questions or ask me any questions or has any concern for my condition. Every visit is just like, this is what's happening, this is what we're gonna do, this is what I'm gonna give you, see you next week. He delivered my baby just fine and I appreciate and respect him for that. But he was unsympathetic afterwards when I had urinary retention. I'm sure any other doctor would've given me the same treatment. It just got to me how unsympathetic he was. He just kept telling me I'll get better and hardly took the time to talk with me to answer my questions. If I get pregnant again, I think I'll at least prefer a female doctor. I thought my nurse practitioner, Nan Davies, who I saw for all my prenatal appointments had so much better bedside manners. I wish she could've delivered my baby. Anyways, Dr. Storts is a fine doctor if your pregnancy and labor don't have any complications. Cause he's a quick in and out doctor who doesn't spend time with his patients.

September 15th, 2014
DrStorts is a wonderful doctor!
He delivered my first baby and I highly recommend him!!!

May 29th, 2013
Did what was best
I usually see a different doctor at Omega, however one time I did have an appt with him, as my doctor was on time off. Upon first opinion, I did not like him. He had horrid bedside manner. I am obese, and he made me feel like a beached whale. He spoke to me as if I didn't deserve to be pregnant. When I walked out, I told my usual nurse how I felt. She said he may not have the best bedside manner, but in an emergency, you want him on your side! Well, I went into labor a month early with a footling breach baby. The hospital staff never checked to see how dilated I was upon arrival. 6 hours later and a foot was coming out. Dr. Storts was on call. As soon as the nurse called him, he rushed in. He immediately found out nobody checked me, and he did what was right. He saw my baby's heart rate was dropping and he wheeled me into the OR. He didn't wait for his nurses, he took matters into his own hands and got that baby out! My lil man is 10 months old now and in perfect health. He restored my opinions of him, and I am grateful he was there in an emergency!

May 7th, 2013
Perfect if you just want someone to take control of everything
He controlled everything, anything I suggested or wanted to do during my pregnancy and delivery was first looked at as stupid, then denied. I'm pretty sure I was giving birth, who was he to tell me no? They weren't crazy requests either, the things I requested had all been done before, and other women had no issues with them, So like I said earlier, if your NOT opinionated and don't speak up for yourself then he is PERFECT. There no reasoning with his nurse either, she believes in everything he does.

August 11th, 2011
A truly caring physician
There is sometimes a wait to see Dr. Storts, but that's only because he gives his full attention to each and every patient. I never felt rushed and always felt like he heard my concerns and truly listened. He is very patient and always does what's best for the patient. I can't recommend him more highly. His nurse, Rene is also kind and caring. Laura, the sonographer at the office is one of the best!

May 7th, 2009
Best Doctor & Staff ever! Knowledgeable & genuinely concerned for the patient.