Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Disappointed  |  show details
by Foot patient on Sep 13th, 2014

One of the most skilled foot/ ankle surgeons around but he is distant, non- verbal , relies too much on his assistants, and was overly aggressive in scheduling surgery. Thankfully I got a second opinion and my condition was resolved non- operatively in under 3 weeks.

by Mary Beth Fultz on Aug 27th, 2014

The very very best foot and ankle surgeon. The staff is incredible from the front desk to everyone at the office. Excellent care and follow up care as well. Very pleased with the practice. Dr. Wapner is a great listener and takes time with his patients. I have never waited for more than 10 minutes for my appointment. If you arrive early, they will even take you if it is possible.

|  RUPTURED ACHILLES TENDON  |  show details
by CHIEF FREDERICK H. SWEARINGEN on Dec 27th, 2013

I WAS VACATIONING IN THE FLORDIA KEYS AND TWISTED MY ANKLE. I WENT TO THE LOCAL HOSPITAL. WAS TOLD I SPRAINED MY LEG. TOOK CARE OF THE SPRAINED ANKLE. THEN THE ATRAPHE BEGAN IN THE LEG I STRAINED. I WAS IN PAIN AND IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO TAKE A STEP. WAS BACK IN FLORIDA AND WENT TO THE LOCAL DOCTOR. REFERRED ME TO A NEUROLOGIST IN MIAMI AND I WENT. THE DOCTOR AFTER EXAMINING ME ALL WITH MY CASE WAS STILL CLUELESS ABOUT A DIAGNOSIS. WHEN CAME HOME TO NEW JERSEY THINGS GOT WORSE AND IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO WALK. THEN I WAS REFERRED TO DR. KEITH WAPNER. WHEN DR. WAPNER EXAMINED ME AND SAID I HAVE A "RUPTURED ACHILLES TENDON." DR. WAPNER ASSURED ME THAT HE CAN FIX MY LEG. SO I UNDERWENT SURGERY OVER THANKSGIVING DAY AND TODAY I AM WALKING NORMALLY. THANK YOU DR. WAPNER.

|  Teacher of the TM Program  |  show details
by Carole Smith on Jan 20th, 2013

Dr. Wapner was AMAZING with my broken ankle. I hated having it casted and pleaded that he would NOT do it, but in the end, it was the best thing for it. Even thou you will have to wait for an appointment, I would highly recommend going to him. He doesn't want to be your best friend, but he knows his stuff and will give you the best care possible. I wouldn't go to anyone else now. I tell everyone about him.

|  iOver schedules appointments=hour long waits or more  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

I have now een here 2 times and each time I've waited 2 hours to see dr wapner. I will never come back here or use him for my surgery. He is not a caring person and only seems to care about insurance money and copayments

|  Achilles Tendon Rupture  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

2 years ago I twisted my ankle, went to the hospital, was diagnosed with a sprained ankle. I began to have atrophy developing in my leg, was seen by 4 different physicians. Finally, I was referred to Dr. Keith Wapner who afterseeing me told me I have a ruptured achilles tendon. When i asked Dr. Wapner if he could fix it, he said YES.I have had achilles tendon surgery and now on my way to being able to walk again.Thank you Doctor Wapner. You are the Best!Sincerely,Fred Swearingen

|  Disappointing  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

Overall this practice knows its stuff. However, main doctor and associates do not like to answer questions, have to be called back to patient's side when they walk away to avoid questions, and do nothing to anticipate issues that might arise after appointment (such as, stinking walking boots and unexpected pain that turned out to be routine). This lack of communication not only puts a burden and angst on the patient but necessitates calls to the practice, tying up staff time. Very disappointing in an era where most practices provide written instructions and FAQs for these routine types of injuries.

|  KNOWLEDGEABLE  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

Dr. Wapner obviously is very good at what he does. He always seems to be preoccupied and in a rush. He has so many patients that I feel like one tiny and almost invisible part of his "flock."

|  BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Although he comes highly recommended by seemingly EVERYONE in Philadelphia, I had a disastrous experience with Dr. Wapner and would advise anyone to get at least two other opinions and one from a non-surgeon before proceeding with anything he might suggest. He is short sighted and abrupt. He is intellectually incapable of entertaining any treatment outside of a a standard surgical protocol. The office staff is rude and the office environment is torturous. Be prepared to come in the morning after your surgery, on crutches and meds only to check in and be asked to sit in the waiting room. Then, five or ten minutes later, the girls at the desk will call your name and you are expected to hobble BACK to the front desk, on your crutches simply to verify your home address and your insurance, then you go back to wait for an unspecified time until you are called to walk into an exam room. NO compassion in this building. Don't expect consideration from the parking valet folks either and don't be surprised if there is not chair to sit on while they fetch your car. Dr. Wapner kept me disabled for 9 months (3 was predicted), the surgery failed and caused a secondary problem. He has significantly wrecked the quality of my life and my prospects for fitness. I tried to sue him, but the statute of limitations (two years) had run out. Unfortunately, it took two years for all of the subsequent problems he caused to make themselves known. Think 18 times before doing anything surgical to your foot. The operations are often (50% of the time) unsuccessful and can cause more harm than good. And guess what--Dr. Wapner could not care less. I guess he's suffered a lot in his life and doesn't care if he passes it on to everyone else. Good luck.

|  Excellent doctor and surgeon  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

I was first referred to Dr. Wapner following an injury to my left ankle. After the diagnosis, he told me that the injury could only be repaired surgically. We had quite a discussion about this (I didn't want surgery), but I am glad that I had the surgery. Dr. Wapner explained everything and the follow-up was excellent. He is very conservative in his approach -- there is no quick fix with him -- but following his instructions I had a complete recovery. A year and a half later, I fell in a parking lot and reinjured the ankle. I called his office from the parking lot and he insisted that I come straight to him even though I didn't have an appointment. I am so pleased with the care I have received from him. He is extremely professional and is a gifted surgeon.

|  Major mistake!  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

Dr. Wapner was very unfriendly and I felt rushed and unable to answer questions. Most importantly, I needed to get an MRI...HE WROTE THE SCRIPT FOR THE WRONG FOOT! Needless to say, I do not recommend this doctor nor will I be returning!

|  Surgery with dr. Wapner  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Dr.wapner performed surgery on me on nov3rd 2010.He removed a rheumatoid nodule and hanglaund from my left heal and bursa. For a year i limped in pain until my orthopedic dr referred me to Wapners office. It was the best decision i made.im now pain free and walking without a limp which i had for over a year! He is an excellent surgeon and Dr. Gets right to the point tells you everthing you ask and he is extremely fast. No long waiting for him when you go for your follow ups,he brings you right back and staff is very nice too!

Sep 30th, 2010

He is the best foot & ankle orthopedist in the Philadelphia area. I would not let anyone else touch me!!!!

|  Teacher of the Transcendental Meditation program  |  show details
by Carole Smith on Aug 13th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Wapner was awesome! He took the time to really help me with my broken foot. His staff was very professional and caring. I loved how his new techniques helped me recover quickly. I think he's the best Dr - hands down - for any type of foot/ankle problems.

by Krista A. Greenwalt, Lpn on Jun 13th, 2010

Received clear, concise poc. Took time to assess outcomes of less-invasive tx before revision. Initial surgery was not done by Dr. Wapner & was not successful. Since the revision I have noticed a marked decrease in pain w/ch prior was unrelenting. If I have a lot of walking or the weather is damp, or end of day, yes, the pain is apparent. But to me this is "do-able". I can live w/ this. Dr Wapner & the entire staff are superior in all aspects of CS.

Jun 8th, 2010

I was extremely satisfied with Dr. Wapner. I felt that he was no nonsense and thorough. He shared information with me in trying to help me understand the injury and how it was to be treated. What I like the most is that he did not rush to surgery. I am sorry that I had to leave the Philadelphia area. I have yet to find ANOTHER DOCTOR AS COMPETENT AS HE.