Dr. Kelley Parnell Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kelley Parnell?

Migraine treatment - Rude & impatient

Posted on July 25th, 2016

I had previously seen another Dr (Nurse Practitioner) at Neuroscience who was not longer there, so I was passed on to Dr. Parnell. I was there because my migraines are getting worse & the medicine I had wasn't always working. She asked what I was on & when I told her she snapped back "why are you on that?" I explained they quit making the one that worked for me & that is what my doctor put me on. I told her I go thru 20 pills of Fioricet in about 3 months & that has been my usage since I have been on it. I wan't looking for more. What I needed was something for when I wake up with a migraine. I went over what I had tried & explained if it worked or caused sever side effects. One I couldn't take is Imitrex - it makes me nauseous, my heart beat increase, sweaty & makes me throw up. So she gave me inject-able Imitrex & said sometimes people respond differently to different forms of a drug. I'm very nervous to try it & will not try it if I am by myself. I am requesting a different doctor next time I need to go.

Definitely avoid

Posted on January 4th, 2016

Hands drown the worst experience with a medical professional in my entire life. Rude, dismissive, rarely made eye contact, talked over me, did not listen to my medical history, and basically accused me of drug seeking (my complaint was chronic insomnia) though I specifically stated that I would prefer not to be on medication if possible. Prior to entering my room she could be heard loudly cursing and complaining to another staff member about some internal clinic business. She was simply horrible and I am amazed that she still has a job with what is a very well respected clinic in our area. Definitely avoid this doctor if you can.

Better off driving to Indy

Posted on December 9th, 2015

Extended wait for first appointment. Second appointment the doctor never showed up so the nurse practitioner took care of the appointment. The nurse had to ask what medication and dosage was prescribed because there was nothing recorded in the file.

Fragile

Posted on August 9th, 2013

I have a rare illness. The doctor must have felt out of her depth: she lashed out, blaming me for her scheduling problems, for my adverse reactions to medication, for my asking for help understanding her conclusions. She could or would not explain her conclusions, nor would she listen. She blamed the radiologist for not doing tests she did not order, even though he had called to ask if she had further orders. When I raised practical questions about her recommendations, she said that it was not her problem.

She listens

Posted on September 19th, 2012

I saw Dr. Parnell on a second opinion. She is patient and she listened. She ran her tests and came to a logical conclusion. I appreciate her candor and her ability to become direct about my diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on December 11th, 2010

Dr. Parnell made a diagnosis on the spot. I have never felt better now. Thank you!

Terrible Office & Staff

Posted on July 19th, 2010

Very slow and unprofessional office. Med spa attached to practice, seems to give those patients the niceness and caring attitudes. Doctor was very late to appointments, did not look me into my eye, very evasive. Poor!

Posted on April 19th, 2017