Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Wonderful!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

Dr Watkins and her staff helped me every step of the way through a very stressful pregnancy. She always took the time to discuss any concerns I had, made certain that I received the proper treatment, and always followed up to check in on me. She went above and beyond, as did her staff when it came to dealing with my insurance. I know that I couldn't have made it without her, nor can I imagine being under the care any other doctor during a pregnancy.

|  Professional, personable, and knowledgeable  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

I was under Dr. Watkins care during my high-risk pregnancy. She took thorough care of me, and during delivery, when my baby's umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, she was able to quickly remedy the situation, saving my daughter's life! She has been kind, prompt, considerate, and all-around a wonderful OB/GYN!

|  Sad Ending  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Watkins for six years and up until today I have been very satisfied. I started with her when she was at Vernon & Waldrip at Medical City Dallas. She delivered both of my children. I made the move from Medical City to Plano Presby. Since the move, I have received random calls from her office staff confirming appointments that were not mine. I chalked it up to new employees. My yearly exam was due in July and I was never contacted by her staff to schedule a visit. I finally called them myself. They could not see me for 2 months. Today I called to reschedule the appointment that conflicted with my work schedule. The receptionist said it would be another 2 months before she could see me. I will admit I was shocked and became very short with her. Within 30 minutes Dr. Watkins left me a voicemail stating that she no longer could see me as a patient. I am devastated, confused, and saddened. I can only imagine what the receptionist told her and am baffled at her lack of professionalism. What type of human leaves a voicemail like that?

|  Something to beware of...  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

I posted a positive review back in April 2010, titled Great Doctor and Staff! I was incredibly happy and pleased with everything at Dr. Watkins office and her as my Doctor, right up until a huge roadblock that I just ran into with their office. I am sad to say that Dr. Watkins is no longer my doctor, and it isn't by my choice it is by her office's choice. I don't have insurance and I set up a payment plan with them from the start. Their payment plan stipulates that the total amount of the entire prenatal care and delivery be paid by Week 20 of your pregnancy. When week 20 came I had just moved the week before and I had just seen Dr. Watkins and told her that I moved about 45 minutes away and asked her opinion of whether or not I should find a doctor closer to me. She was very nice and talked to me about all my options. So, when Week 20 came I was still debating on whether I should switch doctors or not. I had only been to two appointments that were part of my pending payment, the rest would be payments due in advance, so I did not want to pay the lump sum if I was not going to use her from that point forward. To make it clear, I was only technically past due on payments for two appointments, the majority of what I owed was an advanced payment. By the time my next 4 week appointment came up I had decided to stick with Dr. Watkins so my husband called to make the full payment before I went in for my next visit. To our complete disbelief they told us that since we missed our deadline they would no longer take our business. My husband had talked to the receptionist multiple times during the prior weeks and never once did she warn us that this was a possibility. The office manager called my husband (at my husbands request), and said that a letter had been mailed out letting us know of this situation, and there was nothing he could do once the letter had been mailed. We moved so our mail was forwarded and has been backed up so we never received the letter; since I told Dr.Watkins we had moved I thought they would be more understanding (he is her husband I was told, this is Dr.Watkins and Dr.Farrow's private practice so it is to my understanding that they have control over how their office is handled). He did not care and he was not willing to budge in any direction. To say the least, my husband and I are speechless. We understand stopping service until payment is made, but terminating service forever over a past due payment plan (in which the majority of services have not even been rendered) and which has not even reached a full month past due is absolutely appalling, and the way it was handled was completely unprofessional. I never signed anything outlining these stipulations, and I was never made aware of it until after the fact and not even over the phone, but only by mail when we thought we were in communication over our payment with the office. I just wanted to warn anyone out there that is in this situation to be careful. I am now 6 1/2 months pregnant and stuck without a doctor. From a business standpoint it makes no sense that they would refuse our money, which would have been paid prior to service, so the odds are in their favor. I don't even see how how they are turning a profit conducting business this way. This isn't a lay-away plan, this is my pregnancy, and with the economy today, I can't imagine being so cut and dry over a situation and giving absolutely no warning. If I hadn't moved and felt it best to go ahead and find someone closer now, I would be even more outraged. At this point, I just don't want this to happen to anyone else who might be more committed than I was. I really liked Dr. Watkins and her staff, and I am saddened that things ended on such a bad note.

|  Great Doctor and Staff!  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

I have been through 4 other gynocologists in the last 7 years and had yet to find one that I liked overall. When I found out I was pregnant with my first baby I wanted to search for someone that I really liked, and would make me feel comfortable through this process. I heard of Dr. Watkins through online reviews, and she shared an office with my friend's Doctor who was also recommended, so that is how I ultimately decided on her. I had my first prenatal appt. and everything from my first phone call making my appt, to getting my results afterward was wonderful! The staff was exceptional, they were very nice and provided lots of information. I do not have insurance right now, and they gave me payment plan options and told me exactly how much my first appt. would be even before I asked about it. And they squeezed me into an earlier appt. since I was further along in my pregnancy. When I got there, they were just as great, wait was short, nurse was very comforting and introduced me to the other nurse that works there, so if I had questions along the way I could call them. They took my blood in the the same room as my exam, so I wasn't sent out to a lab in the hospital, which was really nice. Dr. Watkins was just as nice as the nurse and took her time to discuss everything with me. She made me aware of things she recommends, but gave me the option of making decisions for myself. I also asked about an ingredient I didn't know if I could use during pregnancy and she said she would research it for me. My husband was also impressed with her and the staff. After my appt. the nurse called me on the third day with ALL of my bloodwork results, and told me what Dr.Watkins found out about the ingredient she said she would research. I am so happy I found a great Doctor, and I am in an environment I feel comfortable and relaxed in. Also, their facility is nice, bright, and clean. I enjoyed every aspect of my visit and it has put my mind at ease knowing I have a Doctor's office I call at anytime with any questions or concerns and they will help me through it. I highly recommend!

|  show details
Jan 29th, 2010

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Watkins! My boyfriends mom and sister go to her and recomended me to her.ALL GOOD THINGS ABOUT HER! Love her!

|  Very good bedside maner  |  show details
by E on Jun 11th, 2008

I went to see Dr Kelli Watkins, and she was very helpfull. She ordered the right tests for my condition. Still awaiting my results?