Dr. Kelly Anunciato DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 9th, 2016
Not impressed. Several bad experiences
I had to have emergency surgery due to cysts rupturing on each ovary and a mass found on my uterus. They had to remove my left ovary completely and said to make sure I keep a watch on my right side because that was all I had. They also discovered I had endometriosis. I had heard a lot of good things about Dr. Anunciato and wanted to make sure I had a good dr to monitor me and make sure the cysts did not come back. They did schedule my initial appointment very promptly. I requested seeing Dr. Anunciato herself and not the Practitioner. The first visit went well and I really liked her. She put me on BC and told me to call if I had any troubles. I had to call a couple different times to switch the type of pill I was on and the receptionist was not friendly at all. I was having a lot of pains again which were worrying me and wanted to make sure that there were no cysts coming back so I made another appointment. They did an ultrasound in the office and the technician told me that I had an ovary on my left and right side both (even though the surgeon told me he removed the left side completely. These things don't just grow back). I waited to hear what the dr. would say after she looked at the ultrasound herself. I went back for a followup visit and Dr. Anunciato had her practitioner see me. She told me I had a fully functioning ovary on my left and right side and that it looked fine and told me to take something for the pain. I continued to hurt and ended up making another appointment with my surgeon again because I really trusted him. He told me he HAD removed the left side and if something was showing on the ultrasound he was concerned. (Which Dr. Anunciato's office should have been as well, instead of telling me it was the ovary the surgeon removed.) The surgeon immediately sent me for another ultra sound. I ended up having to have another surgery and another cyst removed that had I not gone to my surgeon, would have ended up growing and rupturing as well and quite possibly destroying my only ovary on my right side. Thus I would never be able to have children. I was extremely upset. Dr. Anunciatos office has been terrible about faxing my prescriptions and I have had to call 2 or 3 times before my pharmacist received the order. The dr office claimed that it was the pharmacist's (Walmart) fax machine that was messed up. Even though I never have trouble with any other dr office sending over prescriptions. I believe Dr. Anunciato is a nice Dr. but, I believe she has too much on her plate and they do not have the concern they should for their patients. I don't feel like they took my situation seriously even though I stressed how serious it was to me and that I came to her trusting that she would help me. I am now trying to find a gynecologist that I feel will be more personal.

August 15th, 2012
Love Dr Anunciato she is very caring and great to her patients. She is always there if you need her no matter what the issue is. Her staff are wonderful also, they treat you just like family. I recommend her to anyway that pregnant or wanting to become pregnant.

June 9th, 2008
Over-Scheduled
Even though the wait time is often minimal - she is so rushed during appointments that we often feel she doesn't hear all the we tell her. Her practice has increased dramatically recently and it has definitely taken a toll. In the past she was much more likely to take time to listen.