Dr. Kelly Gumbrecht Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kelly Gumbrecht?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Kelly Gumbrecht?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2017

AWFUL...DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND A NEW PHYSICIAN!!!

I was a patient in 2010 during my first pregnancy when she was a part of Comprehensive Women’s Care. Personally I thought we was nice at first, however it all ended there. On the day I was to be induced I went into the hospital at 6:30am, never once did I see her until about 4:45-5pm. At that time I had stalled a bit with dilation, but not very long at the point, when she came into the room. I was close to 10 CM so I was on my way, at that time I was told that I was going to have an emergency C-section, no questions asked. I was terrified, I was young and this was my first pregnancy, the last thing I wanted was a C-section. I kept asking why, my heart rate and oxygen levels were just fine and so were my babies. I was so confused, I was given no other option just told that this was going to happen, and it was happing now! Then into the operating room… turns out that the additional meds in the operating room were placed too high into my spine which affected my ability to properly function causing breathing issues and what seemed to be a “tunnel” effect, everything sounded as if I was falling into a deep tunnel and then everything turned black. At this point I recall thinking to myself “im going to die and I will not get to see my baby”, eventually I was completely unconscious. So needless to say I missed hearing my sons first cry and seeing him for the first time with my husband, two experiences we had been eagerly awaiting. I have no recollection of anything that happened that evening, until the following morning. I was a complete mess emotionally; I couldn’t seem to figure out how or why this all happened. I expected Dr. Gumbrecht to at least come see and me provide some explanation, but I never seen her again until my follow-up appointment in the office. At that time, she refused to acknowledge the events or give any explanation. I seen a counselor afterwards due to the trauma of the horrible experience I had. It has been 7 long years and I am finally in a place where I am ok with having another child and I am currently pregnant with my second. I would not recommend Dr. Kelly Gumbrecht to my worst enemy, she had absolutely no compassion for what had happened. Being in the medial field myself, I now know that what I experienced was not “normal”, and several OB GYN physicians have also confirmed my beliefs. Please do yourself a favor and find another physician. Also I have learned that some physicians follow the "5 o'clock" rule since I guess their lives are more important and would rather be off the clock at a decent time than provide proper care for their patients...maybe that was the case? I may never know.

June 16th, 2012

great doctor.period. She delivered my stillborn.she was so compassionate and caring....and guess what..she wasn't even my doctor..i changed her into my ob as soon as i met her..i have to have her for my next pregnancy. I don't want to have anyone else as my doc...since she's not at women comprehensive care anymore i don't wanna go back...#teamGumbrecht

November 20th, 2011

Went to Dr. Gumbrecht for the first time last week, I thought she was very professional and caring, she is definately my new doctor!!

September 12th, 2011

Dr. Gumbrecht is moving to Contemporary Obstetrics in Rochester. I also recommend her. Going through my pregnancy with her is like going through it with your best friend. She is personable and caring yet direct and honest. I was recommended to her by a labor and delivery nurse at St. John. She said that all the nurses at St. John like and respect her too.

August 17th, 2011

I recommend Dr. Gumbrecht every chance I get! She is truly amazing! She spends as much time as needed with you and I've never once felt rushed. She is so nice and knows so much. I can only wish she could be my doctor for all my needs and my sons pediatrician!

August 5th, 2011

DR GUMBRECHT IS AN AMAZING COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR. I FEEL HER SHE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND HAS A VERY HIGH QUALITY OF CARE. IF ANYONE IS IN NEED OF A NEW OB/GYN, I WOULD RECOMMEND HER IN A MINUTE.

July 21st, 2011

Excellent

She is incredibly nice and helpful. The whole staff is very pleasant.

September 15th, 2017