Dr. Kelly Kriwanek Rappleye Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kelly Kriwanek Rappleye?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

May 9th, 2015

rude and incompetent

my granddaughter was taken to the emergency room on advice of an urgent care doctor who determined that she may have a problem with her appendix. we were put in a room and Dr. Kriwanek spent about 5 minutes with us and ordered minimal testing and determined that my granddaugther had a urinary tract infection even though she did not have all of the symptoms. No testing was ever done regarding her appendix. We were waiting in the room for 3 hours when my daughter finally caught the doctor in the hallway and asked if the test results were back. Her answer was "I don't know". My daughter asked could she check and her answer was "I will when I get time". We heard her later telling the nurses that my daughter was "yelling" at her, which was a lie. She finally came back in and prescribed an antibiotic and told us to follow-up with her regular doctor which we did. Because of her diagnosis the PA at the doctors office only did a urinalysis. A week later after taking the antibiotics and there appeared to be no improvement, my daughter took her to the emergency room at Clovis Community Hospital where they did more testing and a ct scan and found that the appendix had ruptured and an abcess had developed in her abdomen. She was transferred to Valley Childrens Hospital by ambulance and the following day the abcess was drained and a drain was placed in her abdomen. Her appendix was not removed because her appendix was hidden behind her kidney and it was determined more damage may occur if the appendix was removed with the infection. She is now in the same hospital that Dr. Kriwanek is employed by but is receiving great care. I would not let this doctor come near her again. My granddaughter is 11 years old and had to endure 8 additional days of pain and the infection became worse due to this doctors incompetence. The nurses were very nice and kept apologizing for having to wait so long. We have no complaints regarding the care provided by the nurses.

June 2nd, 2014