Dr. Kelly Luba DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 8th, 2017
Professional and courteous
Dr. Luba has been my doctor for ten years now. When I am in her office, I have 100% of her attention. She is thorough, professional and genuinely concerned about me. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a doctor. The staff is always friendly and no matter what the issue, very attentive as well. Making an appointment is hassle free and timely as well. Where else can you see your doctor on the same day? I love their scheduling.

July 4th, 2012
Very Disappointed Patient
Went to see Dr. Luba for menopause problems, she was uncaring and unwilling to provide any medication or advice to assist with my concerns. She did suggest a nutrient, which I could have gotten off the internet for free. Overall it was a big waist of my time and money and I would never recommend her to anyone.

January 31st, 2012
Best doctor I've ever had.
I love Dr. Luba! She has cared for me for about 5 years now and she is amazing. She has literally CARED for me. She always takes the time to ask how things are going. She is sensitive to my needs and my time. Her practice is run super-efficiently. I have driven 40 minutes (in each direction) to see her for 3.5 years.I have also referred my mother, sister and friends to her and will continue to do so.

September 22nd, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr Luba since she opened her practice. She has always shown concern for my over all health and well being.She always spends all the necessary time with me and follows up with information when she says that she will. Her MA, Andrea is always courteous and is extremely efficient.Of all the doctors that I have seen in the valley she is by far the best that I've been to.

September 16th, 2011
Dr needs to be more careful
My husband and I each saw this doctor three times for different health issues/concerns. After a month of being on one medication that ended up not helping but only giving me another side effect, she decided to prescribe me a medication for the side effect. WHAT?!! Yes - who does that? What good doctor gives a patient a medication to combat a side effect of another medication? In turn, I ended up having an adverse reaction to the second medication and had to keep calling her MA, "Andrea", who was extremely condescending and rude, even telling me that the issues I was having weren't related to the medication at all when in fact I looked up the information for side effects and it was listed as a possible negative side effect. Andrea still didn't listen and didn't care. It took two more phone calls where I had to leave msgs and she would not call me back. I finally had to call the office and explain to someone my problem with the MA and I was able to leave a msg for Dr. Luba. She never addressed the problem either.I manage a medical practice and couldn't believe how inept Dr. Luba's office and MA were. I hear too many times from patients that go to docs they don't like and how the office staff is rude. Unfortunately, Dr. Luba's office falls under this tragedy. For obvious reasons, we never went back.

July 21st, 2011
Great Physician
Dr. Luba's scheduling is interesting: you can make an appointment for "today" or "tomorrow" only. This is startling at first but it works out well: since there are fewer people who miss appointments, the office runs better than others. And who knows what they'll be doing in X weeks from today at X o'clock? I am typically shown into an exam room within a few minutes of the scheduled time, the nurse takes my vitals, and then Dr. Luba sees me within ten or fifteen minutes.It's hard for a layman to rate a physician's competence, so just let me say that I am totally comfortable with her as my physician. She listens and really does seem involved with the people who have entrusted her with their care. Her medical knowledge seems fabulous, and she does not act like she has anything to prove. A strong recommendation.

June 22nd, 2011
So caring
Dr. Luba is extremely personable, and genuinely cares about her patients. She puts you at ease immediately and fosters and atmosphere where the patient can openly express their concerns and worries. I highly recommend her.

April 18th, 2010
Patient-Oriented Practice; Concerned with Overall Health
Dr. Luba has been my primary care physician for almost 3 years. I have never had to wait more than 48 hours to see her and once she saw me within an hour of my call. She is very attentive and concerned with her patient's overall health. Initially I thought she was curt and occasionally dismissive, but I have come to realize that she views the doctor/patient relationship more as a partnership and she expects me to do my part -- whether that means taking my medication regularly, exercising, losing weight, etc. Her demeanor is, in fact, an honest reflection of how she is relating to her patient. Dr. Luba has solid diagnostic skills. I know, because I have been putting her to the test since the first time she saw me. I see her before seeking treatment from a specialist, because I know I can be confident in her diagnostic skills and her judgment regarding referrals.My experience has been that Dr. Luba follows-up when necessary and will be very clear when she expects the patient to return or advises that medical attention is required. Finally, it does not surprise me that Dr. Luba would respect the confidence of a minor engaged in sexual activity in order to insure that the young woman received the proper medical attention. She adhered to ethical standards of her profession and did what was in her patient's best interest. When I visit the doctor, that's what I expect them to do.I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Luba or any of the physicians that she practices with, because it is evident that they are well-qualified and share the same mission.

January 15th, 2010
Dr. Luba is nice enough. The front receptionist is exceptionally rude, and unfriendly. She tends to be very selective in her friendliness. You can't help but notice this since you always wait 20-25 minutes in the front waiting area. Another 15 minutes at least before you see the doctor. As nice, and personable as Dr. Luba appears to be....there does not seem to be much effort put into follow ups.

August 25th, 2009
Dr full of herself
My daughter has been seeing Dr Luba for 3 years now and this recent visit wasn't so good; My daughter is only 16 and the dr wanted to speak with my teen alone so I stepped out but later I found out that Dr Luba told my teen that her health wasn't my concern. See, my daughter confided into Dr Luba that she has been sexually active and therefore Dr Luba gave her a test to ensure she didn't have any sexually transmitted diseases. But when the nurse called to deliver the results she refused to leave this information with me; So once my daughter arrived home from school is when I found out what the test was for; I also found out at that point that the Dr told her that this did not concern her mother!! How can a dr responsibly make this comment to a teen?? My fear is that she may say this to a teen who may not be very emotionally strong and if her office were to deliver bad news the child may be too scared to tell his/her parents and therefore may go without proper treatment; or worse yet may decide to harm themselves. I believe Dr Luba has taken the HIPPA laws a bit overboard when it comes to a minor. Parents should always be involved when there may be a problem and this should be the responsibility of the dr to ensure that the parents are involved; a responsible dr should not be saying to a minor child that it does not concern their parents!! Due to this latest incident I will be looking for another dr to provide the services needed for my teenage daughter!

June 1st, 2016