Dr. Kelly Mccann MD Patient Reviews

2.8

May 3rd, 2016
Horrible Medical Staff, Bar-None
I never got to see Dr. McCann, her rude staff member Sarah saw to that. Last year, I asked the biller, who is Sarah, if she could send me out a new patient packet. Did you get, because I sure did not. I called Sarah again and in two weeks, two weeks later, I received a welcome letter, and no new patient packet, which is about 30 pages. Then I called and wanted to speak to the practice manager and did and found out it was Dr. McCann's sister, who was very rude. Since I have an chronic disease and doctor's are few in Orange County that treat my condition, I again printed off about 30 pages and went down to Dr. McCann's office today. I received a call from guess who, Sarah, the biller. She asked me if I remembered speaking to the staff and told her that both the biller and practice manager were both rude. She said that she was the biller! She said she would have to speak to the practice manager and the doctor as they run their practice as a family; this is the most ridiculous thing I have yet heard from a doctor's office. I told Sarah to shred my documents. First of all, I am ill, and do not want another family, I want treatment. In addition, Dr. McCann charges $395 one-time fee and there are several packages to choose from. Yet another way to milk her clients. If I were you and want to see Dr. McCann, please don't. You will find her staff rude and irresponsible.

April 23rd, 2015
Great doctor

January 30th, 2014
Stay away - complete scam
Dr. McCann's practice is run as if it were a cult. There is no phone number that is answered by a live person, you can only leave voicemail messages and you are told that you must read all of the materials on her website (which I had already done), fill out over 40 pages of medical forms including a medical history that is 20 pages long, medical release forms and then wait for the membership packet to be mailed to you, fill out those forms which include your credit card information, signature and authorization to bill. The marketing materials are extensive, you must also pay $365 up front membership fee, $85 per visit (this in addition to what they charge your insurance for a visit), purchase the "supplements" she sells in her office, pay fees for phone calls and e-mails ranging from $65-$85 each. The marketing materials also highlight many more services that are offered that they will not bill insurance for. They wanted all of this before I could be scheduled for a 10 min long interview to determine whether or not I would be "a fit" for their office. This was my first experience with a holistic medicine/comprehensive healthcare practice and I was willing to pay more for someone her type of expertise. After spending 3 hours filling out all of the forms and signing my life away + credit card information, no one from her office ever got back to me. I left several voicemail messages and sent e-mails after submitting all the forms, not one was even addressed by Dr. McCann's office. Well I guess I am big dummy for doing all of this and I have learned my lesson, they now have my credit card information and all of my medical history and I have no way of getting that back. I read some reviews on yelp and realized that there were many other reviewers who had the exact same experience with her rude staff and accuse the practice of being a total scam. You can search yelp under her name and see the reviews. There are also 3 negative reviews that have been screened out. I decided to share my experience with Dr. McCann's office for the sole purpose of informing perspective new patients about what happened to me and hope to prevent it to happening to others. The bottom line is Dr. McCann's office and staff completely misrepresent themselves on their website. They are unethical and unprofessional. There is nothing spiritual, healing or comprehensive about this office! Find another holistic MD practice, there are plenty out there who are legitimate.

August 7th, 2012
Stay away from Dr. McCann
Admittedly, Dr. McCann seems like a well intentioned person. She spent time and appeared to listen. Unfortunately, Dr. McCann has strong biases, and she listened only through her lens and did not hear me. As a result, I wasted money on "natural" healing products. I had significant stress over her poor follow up and not telling me when she had results of tests I was anxiously waiting for. Fortunately, I found a doctor who could help me but not before I wasted time and money. Do not go to this doctor.

June 8th, 2012
Great Experience, Caring Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. McCann for a few months and have had a great experience. She has a different style of practice than most doctors, which I appreciate. You choose the level of care that you want and can pay a membership fee to have certain benefits. I love that I can email her directly if I have questions and I love that she is able to tell me exactly which supplements to take based on my individual needs. I don't mind that she sells the supplements in her office...I appreciate it, in fact. It is convenient and I feel they are high quality so I can stop buying a million different supplements at the health store and hope they might work.

March 21st, 2012
Weight Loss
I visted Dr. Mccann because i wanted to lose 15-20 lbs. I tried every diet under the sun and nothing was working. I explained my situation and she assured me that she dealt with patients like myslef before. After 6 weeks and over $2000.00 I gained 1 lbs. Note that I followed her instructions to the letter. She told me that she can do more tests that is even more expensive otherwise she was sorry but there is nothing else she can do. If you are going there for weight loss DON'T waste your money. I hope this helps other people and hopefully they will not make the same mistake.

January 28th, 2012
Trust and Respect are essential
I've been a patient of Dr. McCann's for some years. The practice's environs and, with one notable exception, the staff are lovely inside and out. She herself is a thoughtful woman who I believe is diagnostically gifted and well meaning. Her ideas about integrated medicine are very sensible and pro patient. The practice's ability to integrate those ideas with the reality of how patients navigate paying for them, either in concert with their insurance companies or not, leaves a great deal to be desired.In addition, the practice recently changed their business plan and billing procedures to a non-standard format (concierge.) Unfortunately the practice did not have the courtesy to inform at least one of their patients (me) that they were doing so which, inevitably, led to a very upsetting incident that could easily have been avoided.Dr. McCann does not speak with patients regarding non-medical issues and there is no appealing to her if there is a problem with her business partner, who does. I am deeply disappointed to report that his practices are truly, egregiously unprofessional and unrestrained.Dr. McCann and her business partner have every right to change their business plan to one that works best for the practice. However, vulnerable patients have a right to expect professional business practices and courtesy, no matter the business plan. In my opinion, the unnecessarily ugly way in which I was made aware of the new plan reflects Dr. McCann's and her business partner's true feelings for and commitment to their patients, their practice, their beliefs and themselves.Even though I think Dr. McCann is diagnostically gifted, I very much appreciate the loveliness of her office and staff, and I can afford her rates, dealing with her business partner caused me to lose my trust in and respect for her. I am seeking care elsewhere.

October 4th, 2011
Takes Care out of Patient Care.
Please note that Dr. Mc Cann prescribes medication that is sold at her office. There is also an upcoming "membership" fee in addition to co-pay and healthcare monthly premiums patients pay. This leaves me feeling as though McCann and office staff care more about profits than patient care.

February 23rd, 2011
Dr, McCann is the best doctor I have ever had. She is understanding and puts you at ease immediately. Her appointments are scheduled 30 minu tes apart to give her time to REALLY get to know her patients. I love her.

December 14th, 2010
Previous Patient
I had three visits with Dr. Kelly McCann and each time she was not prepared for my appointment. She wanted all my background medical history, which I provided but she had not reviewed it for my appointment. When I went back for my second visit to review my blood test results she had forgotten that she even ordered the tests. Dr. McCann put me on some uncontrolled medication that caused a very serious reaction and I ended up in the hospital. Needless to say I found another doctor.

July 31st, 2010
Dr. McCann is the best doctor I have ever used. She looks at the whole person and combines natural cures like biofeedback with needed prescriptions.

November 17th, 2009