Dr. Kelly Mckerahan DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Murrieta, CA

3.4

April 18th, 2017
My first visit. Courteous, caring and patient. Did not rush me.. Asked about my history. Seemed like a happy type of person.

September 28th, 2015
Dr. McKerehan is very thorough and personable. I have great confidence in him for evaluating my families needs and not over treating us. He is very sensitive to our preferences for natural treatment if possible.

June 23rd, 2015
Highly recommend
Excellent doctor. Dr McKerahan has taken care of myself and husband for 10 years. Very knowledgeable, patient, caring and listens to you. He treated my hypothyroid better then 3 Endocrinologists. Very caring doctor. Very busy so have to schedule in advance. Worth the wait.

June 19th, 2013
When working with the elderly that in its self is not a easy task..he is always willing to listen to my grandma's stories and always help her understand the way she feeling. ..the staff is great there too..all around I am please with his care and concern he gives my grandma at every visit and always wanting tl make sure she doing better

March 27th, 2013
Terrible Office Staff
Worst office staff I've ever encountered. EVER! They don't smile. Are rude in the way they ask for co-payment, and never, ever return phone calls, even though their message says by the end of the day. I once called for 3 straight days trying to get in due to chest pains, and the never responded. So I went there in person, and they actually said the doctor can't see you "your insurance sucks". They actually said that. Unbelieveable. They ONLY care about your money. The doctor was okay, but getting in was dreadful.

October 31st, 2012
Dr is intelligent and knowledgeable.His bedside manner isn't very good though,his focus is more on imputing info onthe computer and he seems to get annoyed with coordinating care with other doctors

June 25th, 2012
Great Doctor! So hard to find one that is kind, does a great job, and truly cares for his patients! He is wonderful for adults and children! I take my whole family there now:)

June 10th, 2012
Would not reccomend this doctor
Lack of concern and misdiagnosis could have costs family member's life.

March 10th, 2011
Caring Doctor
My husband and I have been under Dr. Mckerehan's care for eight years. He has always been caring and personable. We have recommended him to many friends. When we have had a real need to see him the staff fits us in.We feel very pleased to have him as a doctor.

November 14th, 2010
Looking for a new doctor
I got a call from Dr Mckerahan's office staff. They wanted to tell me the results of a test. I called back at the phone # that they left immediately as I was concerned. For two hours I kept trying to get through to no avail. I knew they would be closed for lunch between 12 and 2 and contined my efforts to get through. I kept getting voice mail.Finally I drove into the office and asked to talk to the nurse that had left the message. I was told that she was in with a patient and that I would have to wait I complained to the nurse telling her about not being able to get through on the phone. She proceeded to tell me their procedure for returning calls. She said that when they are busy they listen to the messages at 5:00 p.m. and return the messages at that time. I left two messages for them to call me back. She said that she did not get any messages from me. I contined to vent my frustration and finally after talking to her for some time she apologized. She should have done that as soon as I walked in instead of making me wrong and saying she had no message from me. When I go into their office I get the feeling that the staff does not care and do not want to be their. I get the same feeling from Dr. Mckerrahan.that he would rather fiddle with the computer that he has in every patient room. I really do not get how a Doctor or one of his staff justifies not answering their phone. When I worked my boss would have written me up for ignoring the phone, and I was not dealing with the well-being of people. I am tired of begging for same day appointments when I am ill. If you read this and know of a good doctor, I am looking. Oh, and by the way, the nurse that was justifying their not answering the phone. She was sitting there doing nothing, Go figure.

September 17th, 2010
Greed
Dr. Kelly McKerahan also known as Dr. McGreedyHand is indeed greedy. A family member had a stroke and is at least temporarily disabled. He charged us $25 to fill out the doctors portion State of California disability application. Then when the disabled person's employer needed forms filled out for the Americans With Disabilities act, he wanted $65 to fill out four pages. That's $90 to fill out 5 pages of simple questions for a disabled patient! I asked for a page from my record a few years ago and Dr. McGreedyHand made me pay $25 for them to take my record from the file and photocopy 1 page! I wonder if the state of California and the Feds know that doctors are charging fees that amount to gouging and extortion just so patients can get their disability checks and protect their jobs? I think they should! If you know any greedy doctors, please report them!

September 17th, 2010