Kelvin W Gorrell, MD

Berkeley
5119 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, FL 34606
352-224-3139
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Should have chk him out ..abuser  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2014

Should have checked this guy out - what a poor excuse for a doctor . He is verbal abusive - nuts !!! Glad other patients see how crazy he is - tells his patients they are stupid . Can't wait to see him on the news when he gets arrested !!!! Next call to the medical board !!! Owner great guy and is getting a new dr !!!! Stay far away This dude needs medication

|  A nightmare  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2014

This physician should not have a license . He is VERY inapprioate with females- he likes to be verbally abusive besides truly disgusting with his eyes and hands - oh his assessment . !!! How he is in business is bizarre !!! What a poor excuse . He has been reported to the medical board and should be arrested !!! What a nightmare !! I should have walked out when patients came out crying and in disbelief .. This guy should be in a mental hospital - Florida Medical Board will put him where he belongs

Jun 22nd, 2014

I think he is a nasty want to be black man! He doesn't know how to treat his staff members but God is watching him. I don't recommend him to anyone. Personally I think he is on drugs himself. That's why I won't go back there if I can help it he can Kiss my behind!

|  Sad thing  |  show details
by Mr. I know you on May 22nd, 2014

You abuse her and got her into pain killers. She is gone now, but Good is watching… ALWAYS! A lot of people knows who you are!

|  For real?  |  show details
May 10th, 2014

I only have one thing to say. Doctors DO NOT get arrested, and then get a mug shot, for speeding to the OR for emergency surgery. So for those of you that believe that, you might want to double your source of information. Unless, of course, it was he himself who told you. While I will not bore you with all of the other complaints I have about this so called "doctor", those of you who feel the same way know what they are.

|  appreciative  |  show details
by larry gillespie on Jul 6th, 2013

I am honestly very impressed with my entire relationship with Doctor Gorrell. He spends a great deal of time discussing all areas of my reasons for visit and more. he is a very personal Doctor. I have never felt the respect and caring from a physician before. I rate him 4 out of 4 stars. he isn't a doctor that fills you with pills, he is a doctor who loves taking care of peoples health. He cares, and if you need good Doctor, visit with Doctor Gorrell.

|  Run!  |  show details
by Black Flagg on Jun 23rd, 2013

So easy to make appointment. So hard to get out of office. So busy training new people and playing with new office equipment doesn't listen to what you are really saying. If you interrupt him while he's talking into his machine he degrades you. Spends too much time but does not remember me from visit to visit. Quality of time poor. Keeps wanting me to take medication I know doesn't work. When I declined vitamins he was pitching because they are so expensive he commented on how my clothes looked new and expensive. I was wearing Goodwill bought years before. Dyes his hair. Vitamins made him younger. ADHD, grandiose. Reviews I read praising him sound just like his web-site adds.

|  Current patient  |  show details
by Jessiefreed on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr.gorrell is a good dr. I've been going to him for almost a year. Let set a few things clear here. Ive read all the reviews. First off, the mugshot that was mentioned was due to reckless driving. Could he been speeding to get to the or. It's possible. The shady opiate stuff has nothing to do with dr.gorrell. It was a mugshot of a patient who was getting meds from gorrell and another dr. Please do your research and post accurate information. Now he may have changed people medications and some patient may have been upset. He prob doesnt want to pass out oxycodone to everybody. That is okay. He is the dr and should run his office as he wishes. If you don't like it then go somewhere else. There are other options in pain mgmt than oxycodone. Just talk to the dr about it. As of how he treats me, it's always nice. He offers vitamins for many things. I do buy some of it. It's to improve my health. I am also deaf, he actually takes his time to look at me while he talks so I can understand what's he is saying. Keep a open mind and try what he suggest and follow the instruction of taking your medications then you will be fine.

by A Grown Up on May 11th, 2013

This office will not be the place for anyone that does not want to help themselves. Dr. Gorrell spends inordinate time with the patients that need it- the reason you wait is that he listens! If you are sitting there waiting on a fax then you are waiting for an office other than his to send something pertinent to your care and it was your choice to sit and do it all on one day as opposed to come a few days ahead for your paperwork. Pain Mgmt is a unique specialty. Every document provided by the patient has to be verified with the source. Pain management is a specialty that has a large pyschological component to it. Dr G will listen and will offer options to patients other than just pain pills. He genuinely cares about his patients. He SPENDS money to be able to offer his patients nutracuticals. He makes "mix DVD's" for his reception area with news stories and shows he feels could help his patients. He has not had large staff turnover and does not treat women unfairly. His children have worked in his clinic! He will tell you like it is and will not play games. He is very compliant with state regulations. If your prescribed medications are not in your system on a random UDS why is that HIS fault? Take responsibility for your own behavior. As far as the mugshot online, it is from more than 10 years ago for a traffic violation - SPEEDING TO GET TO THE OR when he was doing anesthesia! He was not arrested - NEWSFLASH not everything on the internet is the truth. That website actually wants $ to have the pic taken down. THAT is shady. The "shady sh*t with another doctor" comment is absolutely nutty and ignorant! Shockingly, some patients try to get meds from him AND also go elsewhere without disclosing and you will get caught and he will turn you in. Unfortunately, he does have to discharge patients from time to time and hopefully those patients will realize later that Dr Gorrell is one of the few pain physicians that gives a darn about you and told you the truth whether you wanted to hear it now or not. PS -- Suboxone is used in pain management therapies -- google it! Dr Gorrell is not going to be a detox center, he believes in treating patients with legitimate pain and will continue to do just that!

|  former patient  |  show details
by Davy Jones on Apr 15th, 2013

He was great at the beginning. Now he is telling his patients that the pain are in their heas and are trying to push the suboxone. I am a legitimate pain patient. He cut my regiment big time. Called me names and I believe he is either tring to make more money through the suboxone program or is under invstigation. I am soo looking for a new doctor. I MUCH rather go thru withdrawals to see him again. Seriously

|  A doctor that really cares about your health and wellness needs.  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

Saying that Dr. G has good bedside manners is putting it lightly. He genuinally cares about the wellness and health of all his patients. This doctor goes beyond his call of duty to serve his patients. He spends more than sufficent time with each and every patient he sees. If for any reason a patient does not feel comfortable in the examination room with him, there is always an nurse ready and avalible to come in with u and the doctor. He also has a wide variety of supplements to help with different areas of your health needs. I highly recommend that a person come and give him a try.

|  THIS DR.IS A JOKE  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

IF YOU WANT TO PAY A DR. TO BELITTLE YOU AND INSULTS YOU OR TO PUT UP WITH HIM TRYING TO EXTORT YOU WITH HIS PRODUCT THAT HE LIVES BY. (LOL) THIS IS THE DOC FOR YOU. HE IS A VERY SORRY EXCUSE FOR A DR AND NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE SHOW ME STATE.

|  I Finally found someone to Listen  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

I finally found a doctor to listen to me. When I went to my old doctor I always saw someone else. They gave me the same prescription every month and didnt care about me as a person. Dr. Gurrell listedned to me and gave me recommendations about other ways I can help my pain. I finally feel ike someone cares.

|  PERVERT!!!!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I AM A FORMER PATIENT OF DR. GORRELL , MY MEDICATION WAS FINE ,MY PROBLEM WAS WITH THE TIME WASTED SITTING FOR EVER TO BE SEEN IF YOU HERE EXPECT TO SPEND THE WHOLE DAY ON YOUR FIRST VISIT AND AT LEAST 2 HOURS FOR FOLLOW UPS. ALSO IVE NEVER HAVE HAD A DOCTOR PULL UP THE SIDE OF MY THONGS AND SAY "WOW THIS IS FANCY WHO MAKES THIS?" AND CHECK THE TAG" REALLY GROSSED ME OUT AND THIS ISNT ONLY MY ECPERIANCE I'VE HAD SEVERAL YOUNG WOMEN WHO HAVE HADS SIMIRAL ISSUES HE DID A BREAST EXAM!!! ON A YOUNG WOMEN WHO WAS THERE FOR PAIN MANAGMENT!!!AND ALSO ONE MORE THING THOSE VITAMINS HE ALWAYS TRYS TO FORCE YOU TO BUY !!!! OMG IF YOU DONT WANT THEM YOU SHOULDNT BE FORCED TO LISTEN TO A HOUR LONG LEACTURE ABOUT WHY YOU NEED THEM!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Great caring experience  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

I had an excellent experience and am very happy with this professional doctor

|  Sorry Excuse For A Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2011

I was lied to from the beginning! Was in a severe hardship due to my pain management doctor shutting down unexpectedly. Dr. Gorrell's staff was aware of current treatment plan & assured me I would continue on that plan at least for the first visit. Waited 3 hrs. to get seen; the Dr. berated, insulted, made assumptions & badgered me over me being "underweight"..all of it had nothing to do w/what I came in for(chronic pain). He cut my regimen severely, I had to beg to at least get some of normal regimen after they knew & assured me I would continue my treatment plan to get me into 1st visit! They stole my $350 patient fee & sent me out the door after being treated like a dog! Astonished he is allowed to practice medicine at all! The Dr. & his staff are liars, thieves, con artists, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring, & fraudulent ..promise people things & don't deliver..just to get the enormous new patient fee. If you disagree w/him or try to explain, he threatens to discharge you immediately AFTER TAKING YOUR $! Cannot say enough bad things all the way around! New patients beware..I will be looking into a lawsuit, they need to be shut down immediately! I will NEVER GO BACK..NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! Severe back injuries, bi-lateral hip replacements, knee bone on bone & all he cared about was my supposed being underweight! Thanks to him, I am out $350 & still have no doctor to help me!

|  This doctor in a useless piece of flesh  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

I don't know of another doctor I have ever met who is more useless. 2 1/2 hours trying to get my records faxed. Then he does a urine test and says I'm not taking my medication..I am selling them. Someone owes me some serious money so I can get a new truck then if I am selling my meds. Not only that this "doctor" was verbally abusive. I have S.T.M.L.(Short Term Memory Loss) and he called me stupid and I am demented from old age. Then most people I have met are demented. I pray to find a real Doctor. Get a new profession!

|  DR. GORRELL IS NOT TRAINED IN BOTOX  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

HE INJECTED MY FOREHEAD AND MADE MY EYES DROOP. I HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER PHYSCIAN TO GET REPAIRED. DR. GORRELL REFUSED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM WHEN I WENT BACK AND SHOWED HIM MY HOODED EYE LIDS.

|  Very Impatient Dr..  |  show details
by Former PATIENT on Mar 4th, 2011

Dr. Gorrell has a snippy impatient attitude.I've never been around a doctor that cursed so much to the point it made me feel uncomfortable.Constantly overtalks myself and others,he's just not a pleasent person to be around.When i asked for directions to his office he gets on the phone instead of a office worker and tells me i'm wasting his time when i'm the paying patient.Would never go back to his office again.Gives out good pain killers though.Still not enough to make me ever want to be in his presence ever again.Very rude man.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr. Gorrell has always been a pleasure to work with!

|  Caring & Knowledgeable  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

I have been experiencing pain in my knees for quite some time, but when walking up the steps became a painful ordeal, I made an appointment with Dr. Gorrell. He genuinely cared about me, and what I was going through. He also prescribed a solution to alleviate the pain I was having. This is a doctor who does not have a revolving door on his practice where we get them in and out as quickly as possible, but the opposite. Dr. Gorrell spends time with the patient, listens, and is a very personable man as well. I highly recommend Dr. Gorrell for anyone who is having pain issues.

|  Appreciation  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

I am a professional who happen to need a specialist. From the time that I made the appointment all the way through the process, Dr Gorrell was extremely professional and courteous. He thoroughly explained all non-pharmacological strategies and those that also included medications. That is exactly what I was looking for in a doctor, someone who would take the time out for me. His medical staff was wonderful and provided me with everything I needed. I have never been to or will probably ever find again, a medical team like Dr. Gorrell and his staff. I am a proud patient. Thank you!

|  What a difference ----  |  show details
by M Dasaro on Dec 31st, 2009

I went to Dr. Gorrell for an alternative to hormone replacement therapy. WOW what a difference he has made for me, I have more energy, I am more active, my moods are more "even keel". Thank you Dr. G!!!!

|  Dr. Kelvin Gorrell is No.1  |  show details
by Francesca on Dec 15th, 2009

Pain Mgmt. Dr. Kelvin Gorrell is a very professional, caring , understanding, compassionate to all his patients whether the patient is male or female. He will get to the root of your medical condition and provide healing process recommendations for therapy, vitamins too, He does care & understands the pain and will relieve you. I almost died from another doctor skipping town who did not take care about his patients and we all had no meds for weeks from irresponsibility & negligence until Dr. Gorell saved my life. He examines you out thoroughly and doesnt just fax or give scripts, and send you on your way. He will get you out of pain with meds,,exercises and vitamins to put you back to life from head to toe. So, if you are searching for the perfect doctor to go to Dr. Gorrell is the BEST!Francesca

|  Finally, a physician who really cares about his patients!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2009

This is a very caring and considerate physician who really cares about the health and wellness of his patients. Some patients may not like to hear the truth because they are childish! But I want a physician who wants to help me loose weight & stop smoking!

Mar 28th, 2009

He is the worst...he needs to get into another profession