A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kelvin Higa:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kelvin Higa, Surgeon, Bariatrics is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kelvin Higa, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Higa graduated from University of California at Los Angeles.
Dr. Higa has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Community Regional Medical Center
- Fresno Heart And Surgical Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Higa accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 16 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans