Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

May 27th, 2016

Dr. Hsu operated on my husband 28 years ago performing a fusion of the L-4, L-5, S-1 level. The surgery was so successful, he was able to lead an active life including 50 mile hikes with our son in Boy Scouts, race sailboats on numerous occasions to Hawaii and Mexico as well as many seasons of SF Bay and Ocean races in addition to kayaking, hiking and biking. Last year, my husband had a problem with his back, was in extreme pain and had difficulty walking. This issue was unrelated to the original issue, but likely related to arthritis. When he saw Dr. Hsu earlier this year, Dr. Hsu diagnosed stenosis and because of the severity of the problem, scheduled him in and operated on him within 2 weeks of initially seeing seeing him. My husband is now recuperating from that surgery. He fully expects now to get back to the activities again he enjoyed prior to this problem.

He is the best show details He is the best
Jun 14th, 2012

I have had back surgery twice and I would want no other surgeon operating on me. He is great. Both surgeries were a success and he has great bed side manner. You could be in no better hands then Dr. Hsu.

Elvi show details Elvi
Oct 3rd, 2011

Great experience! No more neck pain no more numbness in my hands all with a couple of shuts. Now some back problem, going back with great confidence.

A fantastic ortho physician. show details A fantastic ortho physician.
Aug 13th, 2011

Dr. Hsu is highly respected and has a wonderful mannerism in treating and explaining diagnosis and prognosis. I would highly recommend him.

Best in the bay area show details Best in the bay area
by Robert Newsom on Apr 7th, 2010

He is just the best. Period

Best Spine doctor show details Best Spine doctor
by Debbie Westfall on Jul 27th, 2008

I love Dr.Hsu,he has done 4 back surgeries on me.Without him I probably would not be walkig today.He's the greatest & so is his staff.Thank you Dr.Hsu for everything you have done.