Ophthalmologists
317 Madison Ave
Rm 1215
New York, NY 10017
212-490-3937
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  VIP treatment, the only Dr to consider for LASIK  |  show details
by Robert M on Mar 14th, 2014

I was referred to Dr Moadel from a another eye dr who was not experienced in my condition. I had a very high diopter prescription - terrible distant vision. Dr Moadel's staff was extremely friendly, professional and reassuring. Dr Moadel was thorough, straight forward and took his time in evaluating my unique condition. I decided to move ahead with the procedure and had my surgery on two different days. Once again, everyone in the office was pleasant, professional and caring. Dr Moadel completed both surgeries very quickly and without much discomfort or serious pain. The recovery room included a calming massage and food. I felt like the most important patient in the practice and best of all my vision is corrected and for the first time in my adult life I can see without contacts or glasses. By far the best medical experience of my life. Dr Moadel is a pro at what he does and I would recommend him without any hesitation. The best of the best when it comes to LASIK.

|  He burned her corneas.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2013

My mom gathered all the money she could in order to get lasik treatment for her eyes. After a couple of months, she kept trying to go back for follow up visits to see if the doctor could help her manage with her eyes since she could still not see. He never called her back and when follow up visits were made, it wasn't with Dr. Moadel, it was with some other doctor who ended up treating her quite rudely. They kept prolonging and making up the same excuse of "oh it will get better in time". When my mom went to get a second and third opinion from other specialists, they ended up telling her that the doctor had done a horrific job and that he ended up messing up her corneas. I am absolutely horrified that the doctor has so many good ratings. I am warning you now, do your homework and avoid doctors like this one

|  Rude mercenary treatment  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

I have had corrective surgery in the past for myopia with some relapse, and was informed that wavefront LASIK might be a good idea. So, thinking of visiting Dr Moadel, I was looking at their website which offers a free personal consultation with the doctor, which I booked. When I showed up there for the consultation, I filled in a questionnaire and asked me to sit down. I was then told that the doctor would not speak to me unless I booked a $250 appointment. When I asked why they said that only offers speaks to people that never had procedures before. I objected that nowhere on their website was that mentioned, nor did they mention it when they called me to confirm, and I had traveled a considerable distance for the appointment. I would not have minded booking a real appointment if I had known but since I was offered this free consultation I had not done. I told them it would be crazy to expect me to just book an appointment and come back , when they had just wasted my time like that. I asked if I could have two minutes with the doctor for a quick question on whether I could be a potential candidate in the first place, and then I would book an appointment. Not only did they say no, but also ushered me out of the office, with the doctor walking past me and refusing to even look my way. Once they realized I would not book, they became extremely rude. The assistant told me the doctor was extremely busy and could not afford to even spare two seconds with me - which is rather strange given their free consultation offer! If there is a legitimate reason why he should not do the free consultation with people that have had procedures before, there should be a warning on his website or over the phone. This whole thing was very bizarre and it appeared like a scam to get me to book an appointment for $250 dollars. When people do end up handing over their cash, they might be nice and professional, but given their mercenary approach, their horrible treatment and strange trickery, I would not trust my eyes with them!!!

|  Awesome experience!  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Let me start by saying: I dont know why I waited so long. It took me approximately 10 years to finally decide to have Lasik surgery. Now, imagine the amount of money spent on contacts and corrective lenses, year after year. My sister had the procedure done with Dr. Ken Moadel and every year I asked her the same question: How are your eyes? as if waiting for the response to change. Of course, she always responded, They are fine! Now stop asking and go get it done.Finally, over a year ago, my friend and I had Lasik surgery. If it werent for her I would still be waiting. I am so glad I did. My vision is better than 20/20! Yes, I have clear vision and have not experienced any set backs. I continuously recommend every one that I know that needs corrective lenses. I have no regrets, except that I waited way too long. Dr. Moadels staff is awesome, from the day of the consultation, through the procedure and even through all the follow-up visits. I am so excited for this opportunity to tell others: Have no fear! Corrective vision is here! Go, no better yet, run to the NY Eye Specialists Dr. Moadel and his staff will guide you through and all your vision worries will soon be gone. Thank you, Dr. Moadel and the NY Eye Specialists Staff for a job well-done!Linda

|  Best Experience of my life!  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

Probably one of the best experiences in m y life. I must admit i was a little nervous about having the procedure done, but the wonderful staff and doctors are very comforting and reassuring. Because of Dr. Moadel i see 20/20 ...I would definitely recommend this procedure to all of my family and friends! You wouldn't want to trust your eyes with just anyone..

|  simply the best  |  show details
by FO on Feb 23rd, 2011

2 months ago, i underwent lasik surgery with Dr. Ken Moadel and i can truly say that it was the best money i evey spent. My eyesight is now 20/20 and i have no complaints whatsoever. Dr. moadel answered all the questions i had withtout any reservations. In simple words, if you are thinking about having lasik surgery go to the best; go and see Dr. Ken Moadel.

|  Best Experience of MY LIFE!  |  show details
by nena742pr at Citysearch on Feb 23rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

Probably one of the best experiences in m y life. I must admit i was a little nervous about having the procedure done, but the wonderful staff and doctors are very comforting and reassuring. Because of Dr. Moadel i see 2020 ...I would definitely recommend this procedure to all of my family and friends! You wouldn`t want to trust your eyes with just anyone...

|  5 stars!!!  |  show details
by Pauly7485 at Citysearch on Dec 7th, 2010 on citysearch.com

My wife had her sugery done with him and this is what she wroteI am very satisfied with the results of my LASIK surgery, I have had vison problems since middle school and over years saw my vision deteriorate more and more. I thought of getting the surgery for some time but never did it until I heard an ad on the radio about Dr. Moadel, I decided to call for a consultation and was happy with what I heard, a couple weeks later I got the Lasik done on my eyes and after a week or so of recovery noticed that I have regained my eye vision from when I was young.I am very happy with my results and would recommend Dr. Moadel, he was very kind and friendly.Thank you again Dr. Moadel and all the staff!!!

|  Amazing LASIK in Manhattan!  |  show details
by LisaNY on Feb 19th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I starting wearing glasses when I was 9 years old. All through high school it made sports difficult having to change into contacts and making sure my glasses didn`t get broken in the lockerroom. Once I was in college I decided that I wanted LASIK, at the time my doctor said I was not a strong candidate. I waited a few more years and my eyesight stayed the same. I did my research online and found Dr. Moadels office. After meeting Dr. Moadel for my LASIK consultation he assured me that he could help improve my vision. 2 weeks later I was back in his office for my surgery. The surgery went great and I am finally seeing clearly again! I owe a huge thanks to everyone at Dr. Moadel`s office for changing my life!

|  LASIK Change My Life  |  show details
by Jonas on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr. Moadel helped correct my poor vision. After years of contact lenses and glasses, I can finally wake up in the morning and see clearly. I owe a big thanks Dr. Moadel and his staff for truly changing my life.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by Rose on Feb 10th, 2010

Dr Moadel is a highly intelligent and very kind doctor. He takes the time to carefully explain his plan of action. I feel very comfortable in his care.

|  show details
by Corey on Jan 28th, 2010

LASIK was the answer for me! I had been wearing my glasses for long enough and I was sick and tired of trying to keep up with the lastest trends. The hassel of making sure I always had my glasses and trying to maintain an active lifestyle was not working for me. LASIK surgery with Dr. Moadel changed that. I can now get up in the morning and go for a run without having to worry about my glasses or contacts. Dr. Moadel knows how to make people's lives better!

|  disappointment  |  show details
by pdr on Oct 26th, 2009

I went there today with a 5 o'clock. I waited 30 minutes and I asked the lady at the front desk, how much longer I have to wait? She said, 15 to 20 minutes. I waited another 40 minutes and I asked her when the Dr is going to see me? She said you are next. I waited another 20 minutes and I said to her I need to see the Dr. I cannot wait here all my evening after a long day at work. She called the Dr. I told him that I have a dinner at 6:15 and I have people waiting for me and I need to see the Dr. because I was waiting for 1 hour and a half. The Dr. said I was to aggravated and I need to come back another day. I told him, come back another day and wait another hour and a half? This is very disrespectful. He left the room.... I never was treated so bad. He did not have any appreciation for an hour and a half that I was waiting for him. I would not recommend. I will not go back there. There are several great surgeons in the city that can do a better job and treat the patients with respect.

|  show details
Jan 22nd, 2009

Dr Ken Moadel medical staff are friendly and polite but his call center Representative name Ann is rude unprofessional and obnoxious which needs to take some classes in listening skills and problem solving

|  AWESOME DOCTOR AND EXPERIENCE  |  show details
May 9th, 2008

I did my research and he is absolutely the best. I had a great experience

|  First Class  |  show details
by MV on Jan 25th, 2008

My experience is Dr. Moadel's office was first class. Laser Eye Surgery is an intimidating process. I felt comfortable, he answered all my questions, his staff was accommodating and professional, and my follow up appt was an early morning weekend. Four years later, I continue to strongly recommend his practice to all friends and associates. Thanks again and always. MV