A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Black:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Black is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Black
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Black Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Black graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Black has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Crestwood Medical Center
- Huntsville, AL
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John K Black MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 49 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John K. Black practice?
- Dr. John Black has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Black practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Huntsville, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Madison, AL and Athens, AL.
See Huntsville Orthopedic Surgeons.