Dr. Kenneth Bakken DO Patient Reviews

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 29th, 2014
A doctor to trust
Dr Bakken is not a general practitioner. He helps people with fibromyalsia. But mostly he cares intensly for his patients. If you have a medical problem, you can talk to him about it. He will point you in the right direction. He has literally saved my life. I told him I had been fairly well with my fibro but I had been extremely tired. He made me get a blood test done that day. They called me later that day to get into the emergency room for a transfusion immediately. I would not have survived many more days. My primary did not catch it, in fact a year later when my tests came back low again, (primary did not even tell me to retake a test later after the infusion to check and make sure I was ok) My current primary was not worried again about my tests coming back low, even when I questioned them about it. However, I told Dr Bakken about it and got him the tests, He told me that they were way to low and to go see a hematologist. I was talking to the staff about how hard it is to find a decent doctor and that I had to have Dr Bakken look over my primary doctors findings to double check them. She told me that she also had to do that and that there were other patients that had their medical results sent to him to have a second check. We trust him. He cares about the whole being. And while he will not automatically check your regular everyday health, such a physicals, etc. You can let him know about anything, and he will make sure that you have the info to take care of it. His approach to fibro is a total wellness plan. He cares about your mental and physical needs. Sadly his associate has left and he is the only doctor there now, and he is older, so he has limited time to see people. The time he gives is precious.